DVP part number?

3 replies to this topic
  • Vincent

Posted September 08, 2000 - 11:52 AM

Ok, as near as I can tell... it sounds like I want to put a DVP needle in my 99 WR (YZ timed). Im running the stock needle now at altitudes of 4,300 to 9,300 feet.

I remember a while back reading that when you ordered the DVP, the numbers you needed to order said something different than DVP. Is this the case or is my memory playin tricks on me?

I couldnt find an archive on this...can I get some advice so I order it right the first time?

Thanks in advance.

• Clark_Mason

Posted September 08, 2000 - 01:25 PM

Yamaha Part No. 5BE-14916-DP

Clark

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Vincent

Posted September 08, 2000 - 01:39 PM

Thanks Clark... as usual you came through with flying colors.

By the way, hows that new tank working out? Good I hope, Im compiling my order now and the Ty tank is first on my list.

Is that IMS seat a bit softer than stock on your scoot? Think Im going with that seat too.

• Clark_Mason

Posted September 08, 2000 - 02:52 PM

Vincent

The Ty Tank works great.

One note of CAUTION though--the tank comes with two auxilary transfer petcocks which you must install. Once installed you connect the supplied fuel line between them to allow the fuel to flow between the two low hanging sides.

To install the aux pet cocks you must pass a drill bit through the hole in the center of each of the moulded in brass threaded fittings and drill through the plastic behind to open the tank for the petcock. Once you drill out the holes large enough to screw in the petcocks turn the tank upside down and use compressed air to blow out any drill shavings that may be in the tank.

USE some non hardining pipe dope or thread sealer which is compatable with gasoline and install the pet cocks so they both face backwards and DO NOT OVER tighten them or you will immediatly spin the brass fitting in the plastic and runin the tank. BE SUPER CAREFUL do not try to use a wrench and turn it that last half turn it will spin the fitting in the plastic and ruin the tank-- let the sealer do its job. A quarter of a turn to tight is all you should ever try for otherwise go backwards and call it good.

The tank came with standard IMS tank instrucions which said nothing about how to install the transfer petcocks. MY frend Steve ruined his tank, however, Ty warrantied the tank and sent him a new one. So be careful on installation.

If you get one of these tanks you will be very satisfied as it is real thin and carries the fuel low.

If you get one and want me to help you with the installation e-mail me and we will hook up via e-mail or on the phone.

Clark

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.