08 WR... 2lbs heavier???

12 replies to this topic
  • redswr

Posted June 21, 2007 - 10:46 PM

i was just checking out the yamaha site and saw no changes in the new WR other than it being 2 lbs heavier... anyone know why?

• Jeff_Steckline

Posted June 22, 2007 - 05:07 AM

I don't know why it's heavier but I bought a 07. To think the 08 is 2 pounds heavier and no significant changes, puts a smile on my face, now I can wait for the 09's.:thumbsup: Jeff S

• SXP

Posted June 22, 2007 - 05:58 AM

i was just checking out the yamaha site and saw no changes in the new WR other than it being 2 lbs heavier... anyone know why?

That's probably a more accurate indication of the 07 weight and they decided to come clean with the 08!

• KennyMc

Posted June 22, 2007 - 06:21 AM

Maybe it's the seat height? It's .1 inches taller.:thumbsup:

• awesomodrumboy

Posted June 22, 2007 - 06:23 AM

yea im sure 1 more inch would REALLY add 2 pounds

• redswr

Posted June 22, 2007 - 09:07 AM

maybe they mad the seat cover thicker... i heard they tear easy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted June 22, 2007 - 11:51 PM

Guys the tank is a new plastic that apparently allows less fuel to permeate through it. Its a CARB thing for the green sticker cert. The YZ won't have the new tank b/c its a closed couse competition model. The new tank would easily account for 1.5 lbs of that if not the whole 2 lbs.

Complaining about 2 lbs on a bike that weighs close to 250 to start with is trivial.

• ringding

Posted June 22, 2007 - 11:56 PM

less decal bubbling?????

• redswr

Posted June 22, 2007 - 11:59 PM

Guys the tank is a new plastic that apparently allows less fuel to permeate through it. Its a CARB thing for the green sticker cert. The YZ won't have the new tank b/c its a closed couse competition model. The new tank would easily account for 1.5 lbs of that if not the whole 2 lbs.

Complaining about 2 lbs on a bike that weighs close to 250 to start with is trivial.

your so smart Joe... and yet you still ride a TTr... j/k

• redswr

Posted June 23, 2007 - 12:04 AM

less decal bubbling?????

the new style tanks don't have a place to put decals, they are sunk into the frame like on the Yz's

• JSanfilippo

Posted June 23, 2007 - 04:35 PM

your so smart Joe... and yet you still ride a TTr... j/k

Ha Ha its a waiting game now. :thumbsup:

The TT-R is like a short fat girlfriend.
1. It always works
2. Never gives me any problems
3. Does anything you want it to w/o complaining

However, I've grown tired of the weight and the bored of the power. I'm looking for a more attractive, taller, slimmer model :busted:

I'll post a ride report as soon as I get one and get it all dialed in :thumbsup:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted June 23, 2007 - 05:15 PM

Ha Ha its a waiting game now. :thumbsup:

The TT-R is like a short fat girlfriend.
1. It always works
2. Never gives me any problems
3. Does anything you want it to w/o complaining

However, I've grown tired of the weight and the bored of the power. I'm looking for a more attractive, taller, slimmer model :busted:

I'll post a ride report as soon as I get one and get it all dialed in :thumbsup:

my friend....this is well said....i couldnt have said it any better my self!

• Fox101

Posted June 23, 2007 - 06:38 PM

good call on that one, ya a new tank

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.