Picking up on saturday and riding sunday

4 replies to this topic
  • 2006wr450

Posted June 21, 2007 - 09:05 PM

Picking her up sat. around 4p.m. and taking her to my shop after the paper work is done. Will ride first thing on sun. morning. Should I do anything other than the yz throttle stop at first? I believe in a hard break in for the first 50 miles then to the trailer and a oil and filter change. Any issues with this bike and break-in procedure?:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• FastRides

Posted June 21, 2007 - 09:14 PM

LOTS of info in the "sticky's" for you to read up on (read performance mods, etc), which will answer most of your questions on "free mods" and the like. Also, if you got the '07, be sure to check that the air filter cage doesn't have a hole in it BEFORE you leave the dealership (don't ride until you know).
Congrats and good luck - it's an awesome bike!
MG

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted June 21, 2007 - 09:17 PM

Picking her up sat. around 4p.m. and taking her to my shop after the paper work is done. Will ride first thing on sun. morning. Should I do anything other than the yz throttle stop at first? I believe in a hard break in for the first 50 miles then to the trailer and a oil and filter change. Any issues with this bike and break-in procedure?:busted: :thumbsup:

Congrats on the bike!!

Did you happen to buy it in burlingame or auburn? If so that was an awesome price :thumbsup:

• mcflzwr450f

Posted June 21, 2007 - 09:21 PM

I did the same thing, yz throttle stop at first, 50 good miles. Then I went to full synthetic, JD Jetting kit, Twin air filter cage set up, grey wire, slip-on, ect. I noticed a huge improvement, I rode wide open from day one just never over-reved the bike and its been great so far. I have rode CR500's 10+ years and I would trade all my CR500's for this bike...:busted: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 2006wr450

Posted June 21, 2007 - 09:27 PM

Got it in Fontana Ca, for 5631 O.T.D. I've bought a few bikes from them in the past and I'm cheap bastard as well. It leaves more $'s for more toys later on. I'll buy a few more from them this year as well as all parts.

Anyone live or ride in my area that can give me directions to Big Bear area from the 15 freeway at cleghorn road off ramp?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.