Holeshot Launch On 06

6 replies to this topic
  • 02YZ426

Posted June 21, 2007 - 07:06 PM

Where do you guys mount the button on the fork guard? I have the Pro Wheels version with the double button and tried mounting it front center on the guard. It seemed to be the best spot and probably the strongest but didn't work out the greatest. Problem is the guard is a bit too rounded and the button part is flat.. so it didn't get a great seat. I was looking at the guard and maybe the side of it would be better, but its still rounded there and might tweak the guard when locked in :thumbsup: Imput is appreciated thanks.

• 02YZ426

Posted June 22, 2007 - 01:35 PM

Nobody here has mounted a launch controller on their YZ :thumbsup:

• Wiz636

Posted June 22, 2007 - 02:02 PM

I'd love to help but I only race offroad...my motocross days were over long ago.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John407

Posted June 22, 2007 - 03:23 PM

I mounted one on my '03 450, it came with a template that gave me 3 height choices. Mine has the button right on the front of the guard. One other thing to consider, the holeshot devices I've seen are model specific, due to bikes having different shaped fork guards. Any chance yours is for a different bike?

• 02YZ426

Posted June 22, 2007 - 03:33 PM

I mounted one on my '03 450, it came with a template that gave me 3 height choices. Mine has the button right on the front of the guard. One other thing to consider, the holeshot devices I've seen are model specific, due to bikes having different shaped fork guards. Any chance yours is for a different bike?

I wondered that.. but it seems this one is made to fit all. The ring fits the fork like a glove, but that darn button doesn't sit nice and flush. I think I may pick up another fork guard and try something different. Maybe I can heat up a flat piece of steel and push it onto the front of the guard, making the spot where the button goes more flat. If that worked then the button would fit perfect. Only other option would be to mount it on the side of the guard where its naturally flat, not sure if it would work proper though.

• John407

Posted June 22, 2007 - 08:01 PM

Look at some of the Pro bike pictures. I think I've seen some that were mounted on the side. Maybe that's the way yours should be. Sorry I'm not more help.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted June 22, 2007 - 10:50 PM

Nobody here has mounted a launch controller on their YZ :thumbsup:

Except me!:thumbsup: Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.