I just can't do it.. I can't sell her.. I tried but I can't

11 replies to this topic
  • JustDucki

Posted June 21, 2007 - 06:44 PM

I bought a new 07 KTM 300XC and love it.. Well my wife saw this bike next to the "old red pig" and said "do you really need that bike"???? So I put it on ebay after many restless nights :thumbsup: and yesterday I pulled it back off. I just can't let her go.. I pleaded with the wife and after many promises a new bracelet and juicer that she wanted.. I got the ok to keep old red... I have soo much blood, sweat and tears into this bike.. I just can't sell her. She has taken me through Mexico - Central and Northern Cali and Nevada. Never once did she complain.. Couple flats but oh well.

Anyway, I am here to stay.

Oh yea the bike:

2001 or 2 can't remember
XR650R with CA street title and plate

BD Dual Sport kit
BD Electric Start Kit
BD High output stator
HRC power-up kit
Acerbis 5 gal tank
GPR stabilizer
Works Connection skid plate
Viper enduro computer
Moose handguards
BRP triple clamp
Precision concepts rear suspension
Independent front suspension

and probably some other stuff I can't remember

Does anyone else see why I just can't let her go?. I think it is love:blush:

• Old_Man_Time

Posted June 21, 2007 - 07:24 PM

I feel very much like you. I have 5 bikes and I don't think I will ever get rid of the BRP.

GPR Stabilizer
BD Mech. Speedo
4.7 gal. IMS
Grip Heaters
BD electric starter and high output stator
Edelbrock carb
Hotcam Stage 1
Honda Power up kit
BD upgraded headlight
Rekluse autoclutch
Billy Button high bars
Bark busters and shields
Utah Sports skid plate
Front forks valving modified
Moose rear fender bag

It would be dual sported but Washington won't let me. She still is my desert Cadillac

• beezerjoe

Posted June 21, 2007 - 10:44 PM

Hell yeah I can see why you want te keep her. I've got an old CB750 that I'm the same way with. I've just got way to much history and good memories with old thing and just can't let it go. Hang on to it,they're to hard to get back once they're gone.

• Desertskyy

Posted June 22, 2007 - 08:06 AM

I Just have too much seat time on mine to even think about letter her go.
Good choice on keeping yours

• martinfan30

Posted June 22, 2007 - 09:11 AM

ya man! they become like a kid or someother part of the family!:thumbsup:

• KAS

Posted June 22, 2007 - 10:47 AM

I had a BRP back in 2001, got rid of it for a KTM 300. There are STILL times I miss that bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drop

Posted June 22, 2007 - 01:42 PM

A XR650R plus a KTM 300 would be my dream garage. I think I'll just save my pennies though because I'm not giving up the XR.

• GIANTac1

Posted June 22, 2007 - 02:03 PM

:thumbsup:

• bork

Posted June 23, 2007 - 06:32 AM

I still have a red 1971 SL350!

• xr500_89

Posted June 24, 2007 - 10:32 PM

wow then you guys wouldnt blame me for giving up the opportunity to trade my street titled xr600 for a street titled cr500, i built the xr from scratch i just cant let her go

• NavyNuke

Posted June 24, 2007 - 11:06 PM

I know the feeling, just added a 2000 EXC300 to my garage as well. good thing I don't have a wife to tell me no.Posted Image

94 jeep wrangler, 2001 XR650R, 2006 WR450, 2000 EXC300

Can't get much more, running out of room.

• ThunderChicken

Posted June 25, 2007 - 02:40 PM

I know the feeling. I had to launch my 2003 650R because I have a new 650R and I drug my feet on dual sporting the 03, missed the deadline, and ended up with two XRs that do the same job.

So the 03 had to go. I really regret it. I think of the upside since it helped me buy a nice mountain bike, but it still has been tough.

If I rode 2strokes and KTMs I would run out and buy a 300 in a heartbeat. That's a great combination for sure.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.