white brothers e series

1 reply to this topic
  • giants922003

Posted June 21, 2007 - 02:01 PM

My wr400 came with a white brothers e series. after taking a good look at the muffler it looks like it has been taken apart. Where the rivets once were both front and back are now replaced with screws. some of the screws seemed stripped out and others that are intact have silicone around them. The tail end seems to be fine it's the part closer to the header. Will this cause a leak problem, can it be corrected or is it not worth the hassle.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mutu

Posted June 21, 2007 - 06:52 PM

I think the only problem would be vibration.
That in turn would break your mounts, weaken the packing and cause those sorts of problems. Exhaust leakage would only cause increased noise and loss of power I would imagine.

I would pull the screws out and just use bigger pop rivets. :thumbsup:
Maybe a good time to check the packing while you are at it. :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.