WR eats tires

22 replies to this topic
  • jerryls

Posted February 24, 2006 - 07:49 PM

I like the Maxxis Desert IT. It's cheap, gives good traction, and lasts forever. It's really hard to beat.

For Arizona the Desert IT does wear well, probably twice as long as the normal IT. But the traction isn't as good as the regular IT. I've been stuck more than once on hill climbs (using the Desert) that were never a problem on softer IT.

If you change tires a couple times a year, go with the Desert IT, 606, or 739AT. But if you change tires frequently and like a fresh, grippy, and cheap tire ($40) go with the normal IT.

Jerry

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamahaWR450FMike

Posted February 24, 2006 - 11:01 PM

Maxxis is the way to go. Love mine!

• Bryan Bosch

Posted February 24, 2006 - 11:07 PM

Another vote for Maxxis IT rear. I've ridden it in mud, hardpack clay, some shallow sand and lots of rock. It me, any tire will not hook-up if you don't use good throttle control for the conditions, so I have no complaints about traction and the tire does wear very well. It's also price pretty aggressively.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.