XR650R airfilter that seals better than UNI?

5 replies to this topic
  • drop

Posted June 21, 2007 - 12:13 PM

The seal on my UNI filters really sucks. Does Twin-Air or No-Toil offer a foam filter that fits in the airbox better?

• Coolidge

Posted June 21, 2007 - 01:00 PM

Did you cut that strip that connects upper/lower foam (@ seal area)?

• BWB63

Posted June 21, 2007 - 03:02 PM

You have to use the UNI frame with the UNI air filter. It seals much better without the back fire screen. Best seal you can get if done this way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drop

Posted June 21, 2007 - 03:26 PM

Yes I am using the UNI frame without the stock backfire screen. For me it's the very rear section that doesn't seal. I take the sidepanel off and sometimes there is a quarter inch gap at the very rear corner. No, I have cut the strip. How does that help? I have 2 UNI filters with frames and they both do it. Could my airbox be warped?

• Coolidge

Posted June 21, 2007 - 04:11 PM

The strip should NOT be cut. When I got mine, I almost cut it, till I called the UNI tech line. Mine seals pretty good so far

• BWB63

Posted June 21, 2007 - 06:22 PM

You have to make sure the lip of the side panel lines up with the grove of the air box. Should not cut the strip. Bending the frame to fit the air box is a must.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.