what now?

9 replies to this topic
  • hi everybody

Posted June 21, 2007 - 11:53 AM

ok...So I was riding at hangtown last night, and about half way through the day I looked down..and my hour meter fell off! before I started riding yesterday, I had 7 hours on it. should I buy a new one and remount it? or should I just leave it, since it would be inaccurate...?

freakin foam tape:foul:

• hi everybody

Posted June 21, 2007 - 11:54 AM

oh..and on another note...what do you guys think of speed bleeders for the forks? my forks were feeling harsh after about 15 min of hard riding.

• mn519

Posted June 21, 2007 - 11:57 AM

just get a new one and mount it on your lawnmower or car or whatever and use it until it has 7 hours, then put it on you bike. I have a new one waiting for me to pick up and I am gonna "set" it that way to 2 hours for my bike.

As for speed bleeders, I think they are cool, I would have some if I wasnt saving up for something. You still need to have your front tire off the ground to use them, but it eliminates grabbing a screwdriver.

• hi everybody

Posted June 21, 2007 - 12:39 PM

Ok yeah....that makes sense. I may just say forget it..and switch back to the "every other ride" rule for oil changes :thumbsup:

as for the speed bleeders....I just bled em at the track the one day..but those lil screws are a pain in the ass to get back in there! I think the lil button will make it easier (and more likely...haha) for me to actually bleed the forks.

thanks!

• Ga426owner

Posted June 21, 2007 - 01:07 PM

that is why the tape is not the way to mount it....mount it to the throttle cables on the side of the steering above the right radiator

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted June 22, 2007 - 11:56 PM

ok...So I was riding at hangtown last night, and about half way through the day I looked down..and my hour meter fell off! before I started riding yesterday, I had 7 hours on it. should I buy a new one and remount it? or should I just leave it, since it would be inaccurate...?

freakin foam tape:foul:

I wouldnt get the bleeders if I were you!.....I got some from outlaw racing about two weeks ago and put them on and went riding at the track the day after I put them on and wouldnt you know it............after making about five laps on the track I came back in and put the bike on the stand and noticed oil on my riding pants and then noticed some on the upper clamp. I then noticed the relief button on the bleeder was gone:jawdrop: Man was I POed:mad: It may just have been the brand I got,gave $15 bucks for them after my discount. I must have lost a bit of oil out of my left fork cause everytime I went around a left turn the front end wanted to wash out. I went and had my suspension redone three days later to have it set up for my weight. I was going to have it done any ways I just didnt want to have it done right then cause of funds but I went ahead and had it done and now I wished I hadnt have waited so long cause it feels great now. Having your suspension revalved and set for your weight is the best thing you can spend your money on if you havent done it already. I would consider it if I were you.:thumbsup:

• hi everybody

Posted June 23, 2007 - 09:12 PM

yeah, I plan on sending it out soon. I had my 2000 CR250 susp. done at pro circuit, and made a HUGE difference.

and I picked up some motion pro bleeders the other day...so well see tomorrow at the track.

• brolo747

Posted June 24, 2007 - 12:04 AM

[quote name='Having your suspension revalved and set for your weight is the best thing you can spend your money on if you havent done it already. .:thumbsup:[/QUOTE']

I disagree revalving can be a really bad idea on most shocks. But adding a spring for your weight can make all the difference in the world. IMO:p

• grayracer513

Posted June 24, 2007 - 07:30 PM

why is revalving a bad idea?

• RiderX

Posted June 25, 2007 - 05:36 AM

why is revalving a bad idea?

I've had pretty good results from the revalves on my bikes. I consider it a must if you're more than just a casual rider.

The Motion Pro bleeders have worked well for me....you might try them instead. The problem with the bleeder screws is that they get neglected. With the button, you have no excuse.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.