Radiator repair?

6 replies to this topic
  • Stumpy

Posted February 18, 2002 - 05:31 AM

OK, I busted a radiator 5 miles into my H/S yesterday.... dammit. Now I need some info on those radiator repair services that I see in the back of the magazines. Anybody used any one of them in particular? Know where some straight radiators are for sale... cheap? :) any help would be appreciated.

• Dodger

Posted February 18, 2002 - 05:58 AM

Sup Stumpy;

Unless you really really wrecked your radiator, look into having someone straighten it for you. I taco'd mine last year, it was pushed all the way back, and flattened in by about 3 inches. I took it to a guy named Dennis at Brighton Radiator Repair here in the Denver area. 3 days later I had a perfectly straight radiator again, he only wanted $25 bucks to fix it, but I tipped him nicely seeing how he saved me $250.00 :D :) . I'm sure there should be someone in the S.C. area that can help you out, worst case you may need to ship it to someone to fix, even then you'll save plenty :D .

:D Dodger :D

• Scott_F

Posted February 18, 2002 - 07:16 AM

I have a set of '98-99 radiators available in excellent condition.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bajabunk

Posted February 18, 2002 - 07:24 AM

Myler's in Utah does an excellent job at repairing radiators. I bent one up pretty bad and made it loof brand new. It never showed any signs of leaking. They prices are pretty reasonble. You can call them at 1/800-367-7699.

• Jerry57

Posted February 18, 2002 - 06:19 PM

I've used Myler in West Jordan, Utah. I was very pleased and only $50.00 poorer.

Jerry

• chancer

Posted February 18, 2002 - 07:01 PM

Scott F. I'm interested in those radiators if Stumpy doesn't need them. Mine aren't leaking, but their plenty bent. Let me know how much if their still available.
My e-mail is gauthier4@spinn.net

Thanks,
Bill

• lawdog

Posted February 19, 2002 - 04:25 AM

I have a set of radiators from a 2001 YZF if they fit, I will make you a good deal. Dave 740-323-3251

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.