Airfilter

1 reply to this topic
  • jasonmcc

Posted February 10, 2000 - 01:43 AM

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with the airfilter falling apart at the join on the bottom. Where the black foam joins the yellow foam it is tearing. I only wash it with mineral turps. I have only had the bike for about 2 months. Will this be covered under warranty? Can I glue up the seam? what type of glue ?

Thanks for your help

Jason

1999 WR400, Northern Territory, Australia

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_Lysdahl

Posted February 10, 2000 - 04:26 AM

Jason,
I have always cleaned my filters w/ diesel fuel and never had any gluing problems. As for fixing your filter, the best fix is to trash it and replace it with a UNI or a Twin Air. The UNI has a removable outer "rough" filter that filters the big chuncks. It was not uncommon for me to clean just this outer filter, as the inner "fine" filter was clean. The tradeoff of fixing your filter to save $20 and destroying your top end is not worth it.[
Kevin
QUOTE]Originally posted by jasonmcc:
Hi

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with the airfilter falling apart at the join on the bottom. Where the black foam joins the yellow foam it is tearing. I only wash it with mineral turps. I have only had the bike for about 2 months. Will this be covered under warranty? Can I glue up the seam? what type of glue ?

Thanks for your help

Jason

1999 WR400, Northern Territory, Australia
[/QUOTE]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.