What size is the back axle nut on the 00 wr?

12 replies to this topic
  • ray_lebreton

Posted February 08, 2000 - 05:30 PM

does anybody know the size of the back axle nut on a oo wr i need to tighten my chain but i don't have the right wrench i have to buy one but i don't want to buy the wrong size.

• phil

Posted February 08, 2000 - 05:50 PM

It should say in your owners manual, if it doesn't, why don't you check it with a vernia? About your meat grinder, I guess that that will teach your friend for riding a TT350 instead of a WR! But he probanly wants a WR now, anyway. At least you felt sorry enough for him to help him turn his bike around, after you flew to the top of the hill!

• ray_lebreton

Posted February 08, 2000 - 06:17 PM

i guess i could use my digital vernier but then i would have to go all the way out to the shop to get it. you are right he is very embarasses that his bike doesn't have enough power to make it up the meat grinder.

• phil

Posted February 08, 2000 - 06:22 PM

I can understand you not wanting to walk thirty or so feet to figure it out, But why would you rather sit in front of your computer waiting, than do something involving your bike?

• ray_lebreton

Posted February 08, 2000 - 06:25 PM

well you see bikes are bad(sarcasm) and i do not enjoy looking or touching them. get off the internet and call me.

• Dougie

Posted February 08, 2000 - 06:54 PM

27mm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ray_lebreton

Posted February 08, 2000 - 07:18 PM

are you sure? if so thanks

• doctorchopper

Posted June 21, 2005 - 12:12 PM

a 1.25" soxket will work if you don't have a metric one big enough

• jonova

Posted June 21, 2005 - 12:17 PM

27mm, I second that Dougie! :)

• momudder

Posted June 21, 2005 - 03:08 PM

Move your motorcycle so that you can wrench on it while you type. Then you will have the collective knowledge of TT'rs to guide your every move.

• trickwarrior

Posted June 21, 2005 - 08:48 PM

27mm on my 99wr

• scotty38

Posted June 22, 2005 - 05:04 AM

Worth noting the guy originally asked this question nearly 5 years ago......

• MattyH

Posted July 14, 2005 - 08:14 AM

having worked since i left school in a industrial fastening shop (bolts, nuts and other engineering stuff) and the fact that i'm a blue bike rider i'm pretty horrified at the suggestion that a 1.25" socket will do the job. shame, shame, shame.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.