00WR 400 JETTING

4 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 15, 2000 - 06:28 AM

Anyone have jetting specs for 00 wr 400 (california)? My bike has airbox and exhaust restrictions removed, i generally ride in the 2000-6000 Ft. elevation range. The bike seems way lean, especially on the bottom.

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted February 15, 2000 - 08:17 AM

I also experienced a lean condition when I removed the exhaust restriction and airbox snorkel. By simply raising the needle by only one grove, the bike ran perfectly up to about 6,000 feet.

I have since performed the YZ timing mod and installed a DSP pipe to my '00 WR, and am going through the typical re-jetting ceremony. I think I am close (the recommended 48 pilot / 180 main jets are too rich), and once I get it dialed I will post my settings.

Hope this helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gordon

Posted February 15, 2000 - 09:38 AM

How do you like the dsp pipe?

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted February 15, 2000 - 09:58 AM

Gordon:

The DSP pipe is awsome. The fit is perfect and it makes power everywhere.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 15, 2000 - 10:16 PM

i have been doing alot of fidling w my oowr jeting lately. i installed a yz426 pipe & started fouling plugs. using an exhaust gas anylizer. stk 42 pilot, 2 turns, 4th clip. or 45 pilot, 1 turn, 3rd clip. both w stk needle & 170 main. this last seems to work out pretty well.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.