00 wr 400 idle

5 replies to this topic
  • glenn

Posted February 08, 2000 - 11:49 AM

Just picked up my new W.R. on 2/5. On cold starting it seems to have an unusally high rpm idle with choke on. Anyone else experience this?

• Dougie

Posted February 08, 2000 - 12:51 PM

My 99 is doing the same thing. It idles very high with choke on and when I turn the choke off it will die shortly after. I have yet to find a common ground. It just started doing this a couple of months ago.

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted February 08, 2000 - 01:18 PM

Hey guys,

I am not an expert, but it sounds like there may be something sticking in the carb. Maybe there is some dirt, OR, the dreaded cracked slide... AGGGGGHHHHHHH :)

------------------
Motard Mitch

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 08, 2000 - 02:53 PM

ONCE I TURN THE CHOKE OFF IT IDLES AT NORMAL RPM RANGE.

• phil

Posted February 08, 2000 - 06:05 PM

Isn't the increase in rpm due to the enriched fuel mixture with the choke on? I have seen several other types of 4-strokes do this, also. Nothing was wrong with them or their carburetion. I personally wouldn't worry about it. As for it stalling when you turn off the choke, isn't that because the motor isn't warmed up completely?

• Mike

Posted February 08, 2000 - 07:26 PM

Originally posted by Glenn:
Just picked up my new W.R. on 2/5. On cold starting it seems to have an unusally high rpm idle with choke on. Anyone else experience this?

I have a oowr and it did the same.Change to a 50pj @ 2out.I found the jet at a honda dealer,Yamaha was on backorder,I bet every new wr needs one.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.