New hubs?

2 replies to this topic
  • responding

Posted June 20, 2007 - 06:02 PM

I have to replace the wheels on my 02 WR426. What I'm wondering, is if I would be better off replacing the wheel/hub as a set, then having to pay for truing and all. I could lace the new wheels myself, but would like to know the advantage of replacing the hubs as well. Is this something worth doing, only if you break a hub, or is there a performance advantage as well?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dugabrams

Posted June 21, 2007 - 08:13 AM

I would think on a used bike you would be ahead money and time if you bought a used set of wheels from the bay or craigslist. I might be interested in a set of hubs. PM me if you decide to sell and good luck!

• responding

Posted June 21, 2007 - 02:23 PM

Ok, thanks. I just bought a new rim and spokes at the store here, and am just going to lace them myself, and pay a shop to true them. Couldn't find any good 18" wheels on ebay.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.