07 WR450.... Do you Love it?

7 replies to this topic
  • farmrider

Posted June 20, 2007 - 05:36 PM

Sirs
I am very close to getting an 07 WR450.

Is there any reason I should get a CRF450X or a WR250?

THANKS:worthy: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted: :cheers: :bonk: :lol:

• craig224

Posted June 20, 2007 - 06:59 PM

I just got a 07 WR450 the other day and I love it. I was thinking about getting the 250,Im glad I didnt.

• wizbangdoodle

Posted June 20, 2007 - 07:36 PM

I had an '06 WR450 and sold that to my son and got the '07 WR450. Can't exactly put my finger on it, but it feels so much better in the tight stuff. I absolutely love this bike. Just wish I could get Devol to make me a skid plate for it.

• ckroto

Posted June 20, 2007 - 07:43 PM

Went from 06 250 to 07 450. Very happy.
Try Flatland Racing for the skidplate, they do a great job. It definately was the difference between walking home and riding.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcflzwr450f

Posted June 20, 2007 - 07:46 PM

I have a 07 WR450 & my brother has a 05 CRF450x, they are both are great bikes. It was allot cheaper for me to uncork the WR then the CRFx. The CRFx revs higher then the WR but I have allot more low end then he does.

• JSanfilippo

Posted June 20, 2007 - 10:41 PM

I have a 07 WR450 & my brother has a 05 CRF450x, they are both are great bikes. It was allot cheaper for me to uncork the WR then the CRFx. The CRFx revs higher then the WR but I have allot more low end then he does.

I love the pastrami hamburger avatar :thumbsup:

Get the WR. You should be able to find awesome deals this time of the year.

• xrmarty

Posted June 20, 2007 - 11:14 PM

WR's have a much better reputation for reliability than the CRF450X. Just do a search on "3rd gear seizure" in the 450x forum. It's a common problem with crf's. My good riding buddy has the 450x and every time he gets on my bike he's blown away by the power and handling of my WR.

• PROWLER 58

Posted June 21, 2007 - 04:57 AM

Ive owned my 07 WR450 for 3 weeks now.Ive done some mods, and getting the AIS kit done next week.It seems well built.I recently went to a dealer that sells the other 2. I looked the 450s over and I really believe the WR is the best.The Kaw looked as if they used cheaper materials and cut some corners.The Honda looked good,but when you look at the lights,the computer,the plastics, well your clearly getting better stuff with the WR.Prices are much lower now, I checked around the country for the best prices ,and got my local dealer to match them.One other thing, get the March 2007 Dirtbike mag., its full of info on the 07 WR. Bob

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.