FCR Jetting on a 680R

2 replies to this topic
  • Jaybo

Posted June 20, 2007 - 03:43 PM

After dealing with my Edelbrock on my 680R custom ATV project I am switching to an FCR off an 02 CRF450R. My plan is to have it smooth bored to 43.5mm and billet slide from DASA racing. What I am going to need are some ballpark jetting figures for this setup, or at least a starting point.

I am in Oregon and ride mostly near sea level often at the beach/dunes so lots of moist air but I also spend a couple weeks at 5100' elevation in Eastern Idaho every year as well as the occasional trip to Glamis in SE SoCal. Motor is running a K&N air filter and Big Gun Header and can.

The Edelbrock works OK, but I keep having to mess with it, this trip it was a sticking fuel delivery valve. Its not a fun feeling to be shooting a huge bowl in 5th gear and have the bike run out of gas all because the valve sticks. The throttle pull is extremely heavy also so I am looking to make that easier as well for those 50 mile rides... Oh, and yes, It was just sent in to Edelbrock to be refurbished at the end of the last riding season so its not like it is "old".

Anyway, if someone who has a FCR on a 680R (or even a 650) can give me some ballpark settings on the jetting, air screw settings that would be very much appreciated..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted June 20, 2007 - 09:19 PM

sounds like a good ? for eddie s. in the jetting forum!

• Jaybo

Posted June 20, 2007 - 09:35 PM

sounds like a good ? for eddie s. in the jetting forum!

Aha, good point.. I'll cross post over there and see if he can help...

..Jay

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.