factory rich?

5 replies to this topic
  • phil

Posted February 06, 2000 - 09:01 PM

The 2000 canadian wr seems to be a little rich from factory, Anybody know anything about this? How can I fix this?

• Bryan

Posted February 07, 2000 - 01:55 PM

I don't think anyone from Canada has posted a jetting profile.
What are your symptoms? Are you fouling plugs?
Your bike came without being able to remove the baffle correct? Do you still have the stock pipe on?
Did you remove the snorkel and/or air box top?
Have you changed any jets or messed with the fuel screw?

• Bryan

Posted February 07, 2000 - 06:16 PM

sounds like you need to free up the exhaust and intake to get your bike running right. Unfortunately, from my understanding, you can't remove the baffle in Canada? Might have to get a new pipe.
Maybe Clark or someone can confirm, but yes, it sounds like your a little rich considering your running all stock.
Personally, I'd do some of the mods to free up 'air' rather than mess with the jetting. When the bike is jetted right and has no restrictions, it won't bog off idle, it will RIP!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Beelzebike

Posted July 26, 2008 - 10:38 AM

They come rich.

• Beelzebike

Posted July 27, 2008 - 02:15 PM

Turbo bump.

• matt4x4

Posted July 28, 2008 - 05:36 AM

Why are we bumping 8 yr old threads???
I doubt there's an 8 yr old WR that's still stock....

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.