weighted flywheel

5 replies to this topic
  • treygreen

Posted June 20, 2007 - 12:44 PM

On an 06 yz 450 is it necessary to buy a flywheel puller to swap them out or is there another method that will have desired results (ie no damage).

• treygreen

Posted June 20, 2007 - 12:51 PM

If I do need one anyone got the part # handy haven't gotten the tt store figured out just yet.

• davidl9999

Posted June 20, 2007 - 12:56 PM

Only use a puller that threads into the flywheel.

http://shop.thumpert...t.asp?p=809&s=2

I think that 62-2010 is the correct part. Best to call the TT store. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThompsonV311

Posted June 20, 2007 - 02:29 PM

The dealers around here didn't have the YZ puller in stock, and wanted to order it. However the kid tells me "Bummer, we have 3 of them for a CRF. Did you want to order the Yam one?". Nope! After leaving very frustrated, just for sh#ts and giggles I called my friend who had one for his CRF and sure enough for the 06-07 YZ you can use the same puller as for the CRF450. I just used it last week and know it to be true. Seems alot of places stock more CRF parts etc, than 06-07 YZ things. Wonder why that is?

• CaptainKnobby

Posted June 20, 2007 - 04:01 PM

The dealers around here didn't have the YZ puller in stock, and wanted to order it. However the kid tells me "Bummer, we have 3 of them for a CRF. Did you want to order the Yam one?". Nope! After leaving very frustrated, just for sh#ts and giggles I called my friend who had one for his CRF and sure enough for the 06-07 YZ you can use the same puller as for the CRF450. I just used it last week and know it to be true. Seems alot of places stock more CRF parts etc, than 06-07 YZ things. Wonder why that is?

Cause Yamahas dont tare up!:thumbsup:

• davidl9999

Posted June 20, 2007 - 04:05 PM

Cause Yamahas dont tare up!:thumbsup:

+1 :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.