Handlebar recommendations for XR650L?

5 replies to this topic
  • jonr3

Posted June 20, 2007 - 11:37 AM

I'm kind of stuck in a big loop and I'm hoping you guys can help me out. It all started when I decided I wanted to change my handgrips on my 2000 XR650L. That started me thinking that maybe I should add a GPR stabilizer at the same time. Since the stabilizers appear to be determined by the handlebars, I thought I should probably replace my stock bars with something better BEFORE I order some handgrips and a stabilizer. (This is starting to get expensive!)

I like the height, width, angles, and bends of the stock bars so I am looking to keep the general shape of them. Any recommendations or brands, model numbers, etc. would help a lot!

Any comments on stabilizers would be great too. I mainly do a lot of highway riding with some mild off-road thrown in. Thanks!

• goblin127

Posted June 20, 2007 - 04:45 PM

Renthal cr high bends are what most have changed too.

• tggray01

Posted June 24, 2007 - 07:49 PM

I have a 2000 XR650L also (great bike!!). I put a "Moose Racing" handlebar on it (mainly for the price) and it works great and costs a lot less than stock I believe. Renthal's are well known for their light weight strength and cost

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wheelnut46

Posted June 25, 2007 - 03:14 AM

I changed to a Moose CR high bend also but I went with the stock-ish 7/8 bar. It has a cross bar that gets in the way sometimes. I can't reach in to get the key if the foam pad was on there (big hands, short fingers). Something to think about.

• Shakeyhands

Posted June 25, 2007 - 03:37 AM

good for you on decidsing to replace the "bend-O-matics" Anything you replace it with will be miles better. Most people that I know have switched to a highbend with a riser. how tall are you?

• jonr3

Posted June 25, 2007 - 04:29 AM

good for you on decidsing to replace the "bend-O-matics" Anything you replace it with will be miles better. Most people that I know have switched to a highbend with a riser. how tall are you?

I'm a little over 5' 9" tall. When standing on the pegs, the stock bars seem to fit me pretty well...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.