1993 Xr650l

25 replies to this topic
  • tracetrimble

Posted June 23, 2007 - 06:34 AM

I know an XR650 can handle a 60 mile commute... I can't, especially on the highway. That's just a long time to ride anything as light as BRP (light relative to say an 1100 cruiser) around semis.

I also agree that $1700 is a fair price, but I would lowball him because a) being a car dealer, he probably took it in trade and gave a thousand or less for it, and :thumbsup: he's probably not getting a lot of lookers on it at the car lot and is paying inventory tax on it.

Pretty bike, Huffa.

• bigcanoe

Posted June 23, 2007 - 07:30 AM

I have to ask, where did Big Red Pig come from :thumbsup:

• tggray01

Posted June 23, 2007 - 09:29 AM

Well, that is a Clarke 4.7 gallon tank; the bikes are really hard to tell apart in all years. It doesn't have the smog kit on it so maybe see when the started applying that...they might have always but am not sure..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tggray01

Posted June 23, 2007 - 09:33 AM

60 mile commute aren't anything. I ride my bike back from Purdue to Madison (170 miles one way) with no problem! Xl's are very versatile and can handle long or short trips.

• bigcanoe

Posted June 23, 2007 - 01:23 PM

The bike wouldnt start, and when it did start it wouldnt stay running. The tank and side panels were spray painted. I passed on it, I will check back in a week and see if they want to sell it real cheap...

• Huffa 2

Posted June 23, 2007 - 01:51 PM

The bike wouldnt start, and when it did start it wouldnt stay running. The tank and side panels were spray painted. I passed on it, I will check back in a week and see if they want to sell it real cheap...

Man, something like that I don't think I'd even want. Maybe if you knew the history of it but it seems he probably traded it in because no one else wanted it either! :thumbsup:

I'd rather just pay more and have a solid running machine.

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.