New 07 yz450 any recomendations??

10 replies to this topic
  • cdncozmo

Posted June 20, 2007 - 06:14 AM

Hey Guys... well I just switched from red to blue (ok in this case it's white) but none the less I have spent a little time on here and researched the little fixes and mods that you guys found to work on the 07 but there are a few other items I might be missing out on.

- change main jet 170 & pilot jet 48 (elevation @ 750ft & temp around 65-80ish)
- suspension (goes without saying, I have to do that to every bike I buy)
- Works Connection glide plate & clutch/perch
- DID VM chain
- Sunline sprockets 13/50
- Hour Meter
- SDG seat
- looking at the Yosh RS-2 or Dr.D system not sure which one to go with...???(wow did they ever choke down this compared to my last ride)

Any other recomendations than these listed, let me know it would be very helpful.

Thanks...

• kyle450rider

Posted June 20, 2007 - 06:24 AM

You can get a white bros. slip on from motosport outlet really cheap right now.

• Ranger18

Posted June 20, 2007 - 06:26 AM

Your jetting will be too rich, especially for the summer time. try a 165/45
or a 165/48.

Also get a zip-ty fuel screw or similar product.

Didn't the 07 already have a 50 tooth rear sprocket? I don't know. Anyways if it is the same gearing, the yamaha already has sunline stuff which is fine. Alot of people will tell you to get ironman; I personally run renthal.

I would get ASV levers, rather than a WC clutch perch.

Get some new rubber if you ride anything other than hard pack.

If it's between the Yosh and Dr. D, I would go Dr. D, and save yourself some $$. Otherwise if you want to save some green, and get a ton of low end, check out www.mrd-racing.com

• cdncozmo

Posted June 20, 2007 - 06:47 AM

The 07 came with a 49T Sunstar sprocket, I just got the Sunlines at a very good price locally so I thought I would try them. I usually run Renthals as well.

The WC pro perch I already had so I just threw it on. I must say that I was less than impressed with the stock clutch & perch, oh well no biggie.

I also have from the other bike fork bleeders and a Zip-Ty air screw which I transfered over.

I have a bunch of tires at home so the stockers will be left for hardpack rides. I just ordered a Michelin Starcross Sand 4 to try out. Looks like it might be a good sand tire. Anyone have any reports on the Sand 4?

You think the 170/48 will be too rich... ok I'll change out the pilot first to a 48 and leave the 165 main in to try first.

I just picked up the bike yesterday and pulled it from the crate and tore it down to inspect and relube and retork all the bolts on it. I'll probably ride it for the first time this weekend.

How well does a slip on work with the stock header compared to a full system?

• grayracer513

Posted June 20, 2007 - 07:35 AM

You think the 170/48 will be too rich... ok I'll change out the pilot first to a 48 and leave the 165 main in to try first.

Then your pilot will be too rich. 165/45 Start there. And don't obsess over decel backfire. If you jet it perfect using a gas analyzer, you'll still get some. In fact, if it never does it, it's too rich on the pilot. Judge by how it runs, not whether it pops.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cdncozmo

Posted June 20, 2007 - 07:55 AM

Ok, I'll try it at 165/45 first.

Thanks Gray.

• lavens763

Posted June 20, 2007 - 06:25 PM

throw a boysen powershot on it too, it cleans up the intial throttle response...have fun!

• Polar_Bus

Posted June 21, 2007 - 08:32 AM

My '07 is just about bone stock, with 168/48 jetting, it's just a tad fat in the real warm air, but all "a tad rich" does is loose a SLIGHT amount of acceleration. Everyday starting/running behavior is excellent, so i'm not going to be fiddle-fu@king with jetting every week. I did swap over to a 52T rear sprocket for some better 2nd gear usage in the woods. My '07 is a bike I will ride stock for a LONG time before I need to upgrade anything....Awesome bike you will love it!

• jef

Posted June 21, 2007 - 09:26 AM

Second that Polar, except differ tires, bark busters, Ironman 50T, o-ring chain, zip tie fuel screw and a G2 throttle.

ps. If anyone ever crunches there stock header..........$287.00 w/o shield:thumbsdn:

• WB450

Posted June 21, 2007 - 10:19 AM

My '07 is just about bone stock, with 168/48 jetting, it's just a tad fat in the real warm air, but all "a tad rich" does is loose a SLIGHT amount of acceleration. Everyday starting/running behavior is excellent, so i'm not going to be fiddle-fu@king with jetting every week. I did swap over to a 52T rear sprocket for some better 2nd gear usage in the woods. My '07 is a bike I will ride stock for a LONG time before I need to upgrade anything....Awesome bike you will love it!

Funny, I also use a 168/48 (per Zip Ty) with the same results, I changed my rear to a 51 for the tighter trails. I had the Zip Ty mod done, so I have no slight loss of acceleration loss. I feel the same way about playing the jet game. Great bike enjoy!

• cdncozmo

Posted June 21, 2007 - 11:57 AM

Thanks for the insight guys. I'll be breaking in the motor tonight and with any luck be heading out for a good ride this weekend.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.