best fit bags 650l

12 replies to this topic
  • brightman

Posted June 19, 2007 - 02:59 PM

hey guys,finally gettin to the point to take some long adventure rides and wondering what the best fitting saddle and rear bags that work good on the 650l,kind of like the wolfman rear and ortlieb saddle but want ur experienced opions ....thanks...mike

• martinfan30

Posted June 19, 2007 - 04:36 PM

hey myself and three other xr650l's are on our 2nd ride(500 miles and 450 miles). we use wolfman (cant remember if its the alpha or beta bag, plus the rear duffel). PERFECT for this stuff! we also use the pro moto billet rack. amazing what you can stuff in those things!:thumbsup:

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted June 19, 2007 - 06:45 PM

Another vote for Wolfman! :thumbsup:

• XRKYLE

Posted June 19, 2007 - 07:39 PM

Do you have any pics of your setup?

• goblin127

Posted June 20, 2007 - 05:51 AM

I use the wolf man beta rear bag and enduro tank bag,great stuff.

• martinfan30

Posted June 20, 2007 - 08:22 AM

Do you have any pics of your setup?

here you go!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YetiX

Posted June 20, 2007 - 09:00 AM

hey myself and three other xr650l's are on our 2nd ride(500 miles and 450 miles). we use wolfman (cant remember if its the alpha or beta bag, plus the rear duffel). PERFECT for this stuff! we also use the pro moto billet rack. amazing what you can stuff in those things!:thumbsup:

Do you have any issues on the exhaust side of the bike? How do you keep the saddle bags from hitting/melting on the exhaust?

• brightman

Posted June 20, 2007 - 11:04 AM

just exactly what i thought,has anybody tried saddle bags and if so do u use a support system under them,seen one on ebay that looked pretty good,but i really dont think youd have to have it.the wolfman looks great,and think ill try one of the front number plate bags.....thanks guy and see u on a trail ....oh and ive been meaning to get some pics, but my camera took a dump and havent got it back yet ,but i will get some on here asap....thanks

• martinfan30

Posted June 20, 2007 - 11:49 AM

i dont have any issues with the exhaust at all. the e2 pipe is long enough to sneak under and past the bottom of the bag. the bag rests on the side cover and there are no heat issues. they dont come into contact.

• YetiX

Posted June 21, 2007 - 02:46 PM

i dont have any issues with the exhaust at all. the e2 pipe is long enough to sneak under and past the bottom of the bag. the bag rests on the side cover and there are no heat issues. they dont come into contact.

Glad to hear it. Any chance you have a picture of the exhaust side? I just want to see how it sets up. Thanks!! :thumbsup:

• martinfan30

Posted June 21, 2007 - 09:12 PM

Glad to hear it. Any chance you have a picture of the exhaust side? I just want to see how it sets up. Thanks!! :thumbsup:

i dont but i can work on that tommorow after work. check it out about 7 pm.:thumbsup:

• platterdr

Posted June 22, 2007 - 01:24 PM

This is the setup i used on my trip through Ky and the Tenn section of the TAT. Tank bag was bought on Ebay from a no name company out of Canada fits good. The saddlebags are tourmasters no issues with exhaust. Posted Image

• tggray01

Posted June 24, 2007 - 03:36 PM

Martin; those pictures of all those L's are beautiful man!! I am trying to get my father to get a 650L or at least a KLR. He says that they have redone the KLR's...what all has changed if you know?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.