Baja Designs, an experience!

44 replies to this topic
  • Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted June 20, 2007 - 05:52 PM

Dude wake up. Free speech is not slandering companies.

I dont care if you dont believe. But dont sprout free speech BS to me when it is slander and defamation we are talking about.

Who is slandering companies?

We are a group of enthusiasts with opinions in a public forum on the Internet---DESIGNED FOR DISCUSSING. Including dealer and/or vendor situations.

Take it however you feel you need to, but I will take it as knowing my rights.

If someone has an experience at a company, and publicly talks about it, that is his right. Unless he is in Afghanistan, etc.

Opinion is not slander. Talking about your experiences is not slander. Putting up a website claiming Coca Cola has rat poison in it is slander (but you are only culpable if they can prove damages). If BD gives someone a run-around like they did to the OP, he can post about it. I will discuss and post abpout it all year long, if I want. That is one of my rights.

Somebody call the copsssssss! :thumbsup:

BTW, I have been a BD customer since back in '94. My experience with them has been good. But I am also free to discuss other's less fortunate experiences with them as well.

• martinfan30

Posted June 20, 2007 - 09:08 PM

this is true. i read nothing "slanderous" concerning B.D. like stated before, this was an experience, an "opinion" of an individual(we still can consider ourselves individuals in the U.S.) who had less than satisfactory results with said company. when it gets to the point of worrying about what i may have said on a "forum", then its too late and i'm moving to montana!!:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JustDucki

Posted June 20, 2007 - 09:43 PM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Freedom of speech is the concept of being able to speak freely without censorship. It is often regarded as an integral concept in modern liberal democracies. The right to freedom of speech is guaranteed under international law through numerous human rights instruments, notably under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights, although implementation remains lacking in many countries. The synonymous term freedom of expression is sometimes preferred, since the right is not confined to verbal speech but is understood to protect any act of seeking, receiving and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used.

:cheers:

AMEN TO THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take BD out of the picture BUT KUDOS FOR REPLYING -THANK YOU BD.. IT SHOWS THAT YOU ARE NOT AFRAID TO CONFRONT CRITICS AND CONCERNS.KTM could learn a thing or two for you. AGAIN, YOUR TECH DEPARTMENT HAS ALWAYS BEEN STRAIGHT WITH ME:thumbsup:

Now onto the bigger subject at hand. If I have to worry about expressing a bad experience of a dealer etc. on the internet for fear of getting sued.. WE ARE ALL SCREWED.. THIS IS WHY I LOVE AMERICA AND WHAT OUR GRANDFATHERS AND SOLDIERS HAVE DIED TO SUPPORT. DAMN RIGHT WE NEED TO EXPRESS OUR OPINIONS FREELY.. DID EVERYONE ON HERE FORGET WWII OR CURRENT DAY RUSSIA WHERE THEY ONLY HAVE STATE RUN NEWS NOW (killed the reporters critical of the Kremlin or Putin). COME ON PEOPLE DO NOT TELL ME GENERATIONS OF SOLDIERS DIED IN VEIN SO THAT I CANNOT EXPRESS AN OPINION.

Let me ask this .. If I say something slanderous about a public official should I be sued??? It works the same for companies. Quit giving up your freedoms!!!

This whole topic has made me sick.. I think I will discuss it with my class next fall.

Final Note: Again Kudos to BD for taking the time to address concerns :busted: and doing it with CLASS...

• supertech671

Posted June 20, 2007 - 09:58 PM

The Fact that BajaDes responded to the OP shows how great of a company they are. They are listening to what we as riders are saying and taking note of it. How many companies do we know that do that? I have had great experience with the techs at Baja Designs and also the sales people. I cannot say enough about the folks over at Baja D. Great post BajaDes. Seeing both sides of the story sure sheds some Light! No pun intended!

• BrokenR1

Posted August 23, 2007 - 12:42 PM

Perhaps if you are aggrieved then do a search and see if others had same issues - if they did then post away - if they didnt then a company like BD who supports the sport gets damaged.

I don't quite understand this. He's only supposed to post if others have the same problem? With that kind of thinking the problem would never be posted in the first place because there would be nobody to start talking about it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.