First Post on XR forum - New XR650R

16 replies to this topic
  • Fenty

Posted June 19, 2007 - 01:49 AM

Oooooooohhhhhh Mommy!!!

Look what I gone done and did!!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

'03 XR650 supermoto with all the original parts including the enduro wheels... Big Gun exhaust, rejetted.. MINT-AL fun. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Now the question. I have an enduro on sunday, do I stick with the trusty DRZ or go with this.

The test run on this made the DRZ feel like a toy!!

• ESS

Posted June 19, 2007 - 03:09 AM

Looks great!!:thumbsup: What rims are those?

• Fenty

Posted June 19, 2007 - 03:26 AM

Cagiva Mito 125......

that disk seems a bit overkill on it's intended application!!!!

• creeky

Posted June 19, 2007 - 06:31 AM

Oooooooohhhhhh Mommy!!!

Look what I gone done and did!!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

'03 XR650 supermoto with all the original parts including the enduro wheels... Big Gun exhaust, rejetted.. MINT-AL fun. :thumbsup: :busted:

Now the question. I have an enduro on sunday, do I stick with the trusty DRZ or go with this.

The test run on this made the DRZ feel like a toy!!

You did good!:thumbsup:

• Firelyle

Posted June 19, 2007 - 01:09 PM

Very Nice! :thumbsup:

• hill5150

Posted June 19, 2007 - 02:32 PM

Congrats on your new toy....:thumbsup:

• martinfan30

Posted June 19, 2007 - 04:45 PM

very nice, wife like it?????????:thumbsup:

• LeadDoggy

Posted June 19, 2007 - 04:49 PM

You done good!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dick757

Posted June 19, 2007 - 06:16 PM

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Fenty

Posted June 20, 2007 - 12:07 AM

very nice, wife like it?????????:thumbsup:

She liked the VFR800 better but seeing as she's 6 months pregnant and won't be on a pillion for a year or two I thought it was time to prioritise. The VFR was making me feel obliged to use as much of the performance as I could and over here there's not so much a police force as a traffic branch (or so it seems)

This will let me have my fun on twisty roads without the need for 100mph+ speeds. Impending fatherhood helped in this decision too!!

Lordy!! Who picks a SM as a sensible choice :thumbsup:

• Fingers

Posted June 21, 2007 - 05:40 AM

Fenty,
Where are you in NI? My family is from Ballycastle County Antrim. I go there every year or so to visit family (with a mandatory Bushmills tour). My uncle has a sheep farm on Fairhead. I am a US Marine stationed in Japan. I have a 650R I bought here in Japan, it is street legal but I use it offroad mostly. Every time I return to NI I think about how great it would be to have my bike there (although there are too many stone walls to worry about).
James

• Fenty

Posted June 21, 2007 - 06:59 AM

I live in county down about 20 miles from the Mourne mountains. Top class Supermoto pasture!! However your parents live on what i regard to be the best biking road on God's green earth.:thumbsup:

I regularly used to head up there along the coast road for an ice cream on a sunday afternoon, about a 140 mile round trip. Ballycastle is a bike mecca (one of a few in northern ireland) but it is the one with the best roads around it. Torr head is a blast and 30mph is too much on some of it.:thumbsup:

It's also stunningly beautiful. next time you're over, beg borrow steal (or book a test ride) a bike and rack up some miles.

• martinfan30

Posted June 21, 2007 - 09:01 AM

She liked the VFR800 better but seeing as she's 6 months pregnant and won't be on a pillion for a year or two I thought it was time to prioritise. The VFR was making me feel obliged to use as much of the performance as I could and over here there's not so much a police force as a traffic branch (or so it seems)

This will let me have my fun on twisty roads without the need for 100mph+ speeds. Impending fatherhood helped in this decision too!!

Lordy!! Who picks a SM as a sensible choice :thumbsup:

heres a big ATTA BOY!!!!:thumbsup:

• smicer

Posted June 21, 2007 - 10:01 PM

nice bike...may i know wat mod needed to do to those wheels?:thumbsup:

• Fenty

Posted June 22, 2007 - 12:45 AM

The wheels were on the bike when I got her. I do know they're off a cagiva mito but as for spacers and such I would need to have a look. I'll try and get some detailed phots on tonight so keep posted.
Also the Mito has a speedo drive off the front sprocket so you need a trailtech speedo or similar run off the front disk. there is also an aftermarket spacer for the stock front caliper. I'll take a photo of that for ya as well.

• smicer

Posted June 22, 2007 - 06:32 AM

thanks dude...that would be awesome...i did mine on my previous XR6...but that was quite sometime back...and the price for the mod now is doubled...since i jus got the 650R,would love to convert too.....but if using your current wheels set up wont cause much work,would like to try it to...

here's mine..well...before it was sold 4yrs ago..
Posted Image

• azfabguy

Posted June 22, 2007 - 10:42 AM

there is a guy in SF cali. who is using 600 f3 front wheels and 900rr rear wheels on the 650r's. you can find him over at supermotojunkie.com

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.