Stalls under Hard Braking

5 replies to this topic
  • d1ezel8

Posted June 18, 2007 - 08:54 PM

I ride an 06' WR450. How can I stop it from stalling itself out under hard braking. I have the clutch in and sliding into a corner and it feels like the chain is rocking back and forth then shuts off. it will even stall when braking, rolling down a hill.

• JSanfilippo

Posted June 18, 2007 - 09:00 PM

The idle is too low.

• Solo

Posted June 18, 2007 - 09:44 PM

and/or the float bowl level is way off.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gregwr450f

Posted June 19, 2007 - 04:31 AM

I vote for a low lying float.

• Mutu

Posted June 19, 2007 - 04:43 AM

Are you using the rear brake? They are different to ride than the 2 strokes.

• dazzabb

Posted June 19, 2007 - 06:40 AM

I had a similar problem on my '05 in that it would stall very easily at low throttle openings.

Turned out the mixture was too rich so I wound the fuel screw in approx 1/2 then 3/4 of a turn and that smoothed out the engine idle alot, which reduced but did not eliminate stalling.

Initially i wound up the engine idle to try to prevent the stalling but that just led to the bike "running away" from me on tight downhills.

Hope this helps

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.