Love my new gear combo 15/48

5 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted June 18, 2007 - 05:55 PM

I put a dualsport kit on my bike and do quite a bit of highway riding, the stock 14/50 gearing was too low for my liking, rpm's very high while cruising. I dropped 2 teeth off the rear and added one up front to make it the same as the austraulia version of the WR450 (which comes street legal there) and I must say I love it, I can power a wheelie right up to and including 4'th gear and can still pull her up in 5'th, lots of power down low and she don't feel logy at all, I though i would lose some power down low but i can honestly say I never noticed ANY loss, and the rpm's dropped significantly, just like if I added 6'th gear. Just wanted to share my findings with others who may be considering doing a similar thing, Go For it imho...........................

• Mutu

Posted June 19, 2007 - 12:56 AM

We get 14/50 stock just like you guys.
I did get a 15 tooth in the spares kit with my '05.

Must get some crazy speed now Max!

• Murray Dorward

Posted June 19, 2007 - 08:30 AM

what top end to you get ?

Cheers

Muz
:thumbsup: :busted: :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Polyrida400

Posted June 19, 2007 - 11:24 AM

Ive Motarded My wr 450 05 Im running 15/42 and 17 inch wheels.
She will do 100mph and still has good punch.Most Awsome

• pattch

Posted June 19, 2007 - 03:00 PM

I need to re-gear my 426. It's Dual Sported here in California and 55-60 mph is all I can get with stock gearing. I put a 15 up front, but had to remove the case saver to make it fit. Will the chain still fit with 15/48?

• xrmarty

Posted June 19, 2007 - 10:52 PM

15/48= .3125 ratio. I'm able to do 65+ with 13/52=.25 ratio. Man, you must be able to do 80+mph:eek:

I put a dualsport kit on my bike and do quite a bit of highway riding, the stock 14/50 gearing was too low for my liking, rpm's very high while cruising. I dropped 2 teeth off the rear and added one up front to make it the same as the austraulia version of the WR450 (which comes street legal there) and I must say I love it, I can power a wheelie right up to and including 4'th gear and can still pull her up in 5'th, lots of power down low and she don't feel logy at all, I though i would lose some power down low but i can honestly say I never noticed ANY loss, and the rpm's dropped significantly, just like if I added 6'th gear. Just wanted to share my findings with others who may be considering doing a similar thing, Go For it imho...........................

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.