10 replies to this topic
  • Huffa 2

Posted June 18, 2007 - 04:44 PM

What kind do you use?

Stock XRL ones?

After market square, rectangle, oval ?

Convex, normal?

Just curious what you all like.

Also..........In PA, is it the law to have two of them ?

• percyco

Posted June 18, 2007 - 05:09 PM

I use bar-end mirrors that i bought at the local bicycle shop.
Cheap ($5-$15)
Great view
Compact
Big goofy stock mirrors gone !

• Huffa 2

Posted June 18, 2007 - 05:25 PM

I use bar-end mirrors that i bought at the local bicycle shop.
Cheap ($5-$15)
Great view
Compact
Big goofy stock mirrors gone !

Pic please ?

• philipstjohn

Posted June 18, 2007 - 06:18 PM

This is what I am going to try...

http://www.dual-star...ble_mirror2.htm

• Huffa 2

Posted June 18, 2007 - 06:26 PM

I like them but it seems to me all that you would see is yourself practically ?

They just look over too far :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wheelnut46

Posted June 18, 2007 - 08:02 PM

Ken Sean folding mirrors.
They fold great for off road but they're a little narrow so I mostly see my shoulders when riding and have to lean over a little in order to check what's behind me.

• COAL RUN

Posted June 19, 2007 - 04:42 AM

I just got a set of dual-star mirrors, I like that you pretty much can not knock them off. Rough off-road will still get them out of adjustment. I am still moving them around trying to get them adjusted to my liking as i can not see out of them as well as the stockers. For those who are going to give these a try I would suggest cutting an old innertube to put around your bars where you are going to mount these.

• philipstjohn

Posted June 19, 2007 - 04:59 AM

I like them but it seems to me all that you would see is yourself practically ?

They just look over too far :thumbsup:

What I have been told is they do not move around, you do not have to fold them down when going off road, and the view is more along side your torso then your shoulder. I tried the fold down mirror from BD's, and despite how tight I got it, it moved around alot, like every time time you hit the throttle, and I found myself always adjusting it to be able to see with it, and if it was lined up for sight behind you, I had to move slightly to get my shoulder out of view to see behind me. Overall, it was too much of a destraction for me. And it was real dorky looking. This is very compact, and it seems hardly there. I thought you might get pulled for no mirrors until Johnny Law walks up to the bike and sees these low profile mirrors. :thumbsup:

• XR650L_Dave

Posted June 19, 2007 - 08:06 AM

The ken sean folders are great- you have to keep the pivots dry (no oil) to keep them from wandering.

The disappear behind the speedo when folded.

Dave

• MindBlower

Posted June 19, 2007 - 08:24 AM

Buddy has those. Give a really nice view of my shoulders.

• Huffa 2

Posted June 19, 2007 - 10:23 AM

Buddy has those. Give a really nice view of my shoulders.

That's what I thought! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.