Doug Henry's YZ450F

37 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted June 20, 2007 - 03:47 AM

Here is a pic of Henry's bike at southwick in 2006.
Posted Image

As you can see he ran the stock triple clamps and the suspension is just revalved stock suspension as is what is on the bike on ebay. I don't think too many trick items were taken off before it was auctioned off. The bike on ebay has a muffler that was never availible to the public. Look at the tip, that is only availible to factory riders (Ricky, Bubba, ect.). The pipe on Henry's bike is not the same one you can buy. Also notice the AMA tags on the frame in the ebay pics. These tags are placed on bikes during inspection at nationals. This bike is legit and has been raced in a national.

except for the PC motor......:thumbsup:

on another note - look at the height of Dougs forks for Southwick......

• KJ790

Posted June 20, 2007 - 01:40 PM

Yeah, it's impossible to move the fork height...come on, they probably took them off to clean the bike. That bike has been taken apart to clean everything. How do you know it doesn't have a pro-circuit motor in it? Just because it doesn't have a sticker on the side doesn't mean anything. That frame has been though tech inspection at an AMA national and Henry only did Southwick in 2006. So that has to be the frame that Doug raced with at Southwick. Therefore, this is Doug Henry's bike that was raced at Southwick. It may be the stock motor, but the suspension, exhaust, and bars are not stock. Right there is a lot of money. The plastic and graphics are also new (they would be worn and scratched if he raced with them).

• Ga426owner

Posted June 20, 2007 - 03:35 PM

Yeah, it's impossible to move the fork height...come on, they probably took them off to clean the bike. That bike has been taken apart to clean everything. How do you know it doesn't have a pro-circuit motor in it? Just because it doesn't have a sticker on the side doesn't mean anything. That frame has been though tech inspection at an AMA national and Henry only did Southwick in 2006. So that has to be the frame that Doug raced with at Southwick. Therefore, this is Doug Henry's bike that was raced at Southwick. It may be the stock motor, but the suspension, exhaust, and bars are not stock. Right there is a lot of money. The plastic and graphics are also new (they would be worn and scratched if he raced with them).

#@$#@!$ excuse me, KJ790 ....not because the fork can be moved - but because of the height for the sand (I find this interesting)....geez lighten up. I dont give a crap about the bike the motor or this thread anymore. Do us a favor ...buy it and tell us what the motor is......:thumbsup:

• KJ790

Posted June 20, 2007 - 08:25 PM

#@$#@!$ excuse me, KJ790 ....not because the fork can be moved - but because of the height for the sand (I find this interesting)....geez lighten up. I dont give a crap about the bike the motor or this thread anymore. Do us a favor ...buy it and tell us what the motor is......:thumbsup:

Sorry, I didn't realize that you were just commenting on the height of the forks. It sounded like you were using the fork height as a reason why that couldn't be the bike from Southwick. This isn't worth a personal attack over. I don't need to buy it, I already have one. :thumbsup:

• CTinCT

Posted June 20, 2007 - 09:14 PM

Doug rode that bike at Southwick last year. When it got to the track it was a stock 06 (except for Monster stickers). The morning of the national it got Factory Connection Suspension, footpegs(mooched from YOT), tires and a pipe. Doug used it as his practice bike until he got hurt. The bike was cleaned up really good for the raffle, but it is basically just a stocker 06.

• TapptOut

Posted June 22, 2007 - 09:28 AM

Just having a bike Doug raced on would be so sick!

• brolo747

Posted June 22, 2007 - 09:55 AM

Doug Henry might have signed his plastic kit but that bike doesn't look very works or factory to me!:thumbsup:

• Erik47

Posted June 27, 2007 - 05:27 AM

Why would the yamaha guys tell him not to ride it and offer him 7500? That is a bunch of BS if you ask me. Sure he could have gotten Doug Henry to sign his plastics but that doesn't mean it was Doug's bike.

its called a AMA sticker on the top of the frame.... which means it was an ama official pro race bike, doesnt mean that he rode it for more than 1 lap for practice.... but also it looks like it has a leaky fork seal on it haha

• grayracer513

Posted June 27, 2007 - 07:19 AM

its called a AMA sticker on the top of the frame.... which means it was an ama official pro race bike, doesnt mean that he rode it for more than 1 lap for practice....

It means it passed inspection. It doesn't indicate whether it was ever ridden anywhere or not.

That the real DH bike was offered at the original raffle is probably not subject to question. Henry was not one of Yamaha's premier MX team members at the time, having moved on to Super Moto, and so would likely not be riding a "Works" bike.

The only question in my mind would be whether the individual offering it for sale on eBay is being entirely truthful about the bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • creeker

Posted June 27, 2007 - 11:30 AM

Well, obviously everyone had some reservations about the bike... seeing as it ended with no bids. :thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted June 27, 2007 - 01:05 PM

Well, obviously everyone had some reservations about the bike... seeing as it ended with no bids. :thumbsup:

I do not know anyone that would willingly pay over 7500.00 for a stock bike........with a signed fender and a AMA sticker on it......:thumbsup:

• mn519

Posted June 27, 2007 - 01:18 PM

I do not know anyone that would willingly pay over 7500.00 for a stock bike........with a signed fender and a AMA sticker on it......:thumbsup:

don't forget the susp that probally would not work for 99% of us. Those it would work for get it free already:prof:

• jeffro5

Posted September 13, 2007 - 10:45 PM

Sprocket guard? Stock triple Clamps? Yeah, right. Total disrespect to Henry himself. I'm sure there are many more bastards like this guy who try to captitalize on a name such as Henry's. Geez, I'll put my new Doug Henry replica'ed '06 for sale for whaddaya say, $9K? B S

• grayracer513

Posted September 13, 2007 - 10:58 PM

The fact that the clamps are stock means not a darn thing. If you look at Langston's bike that he just won Glen Helen on, it has the stockers on it, too. Then there's this post you probably missed:

http://www.thumperta...916#post4906916

• jeffro5

Posted September 13, 2007 - 11:02 PM

If it were me, AND, if it were the real bike: I would keep it, wouldn't you?

• grayracer513

Posted September 13, 2007 - 11:04 PM

If it was free, and I could get $9k for it? No.

Well, maybe.

Yeah, probably.

Sure.

• Darvo

Posted September 14, 2007 - 08:39 AM

Looks like they just painted the engine covers to make it look pretty. If you look at the picture of the front of the motor, it's not that clean. It looks like a 3-4 year old bike. Seems like it should have a better skid plate, but I don't know.
I'm thinking the guy who won the bike just rattle canned some silver paint on there.

• Ga426owner

Posted September 14, 2007 - 09:13 AM

Oh no...not this one again.........:thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.