Tree branch 5 feet into bike

35 replies to this topic
  • jerwr450mtr

Posted June 18, 2007 - 03:08 PM

My 07 450 suffered severe damage. A branch sticking out of the trail impelled into my new bike. Entered left radiator, punched through my gas tank and ripped out the airbox straight out the back. Taking her in tomorrow. Sounds expensive?

• kevinwr450f

Posted June 18, 2007 - 03:19 PM

good thing it didn't hit you in the wanker area!!

• PROWLER 58

Posted June 18, 2007 - 03:23 PM

My 07 450 suffered severe damage. A branch sticking out of the trail impelled into my new bike. Entered left radiator, punched through my gas tank and ripped out the airbox straight out the back. Taking her in tomorrow. Sounds expensive?

Id like to see a pic of that .

• FastRides

Posted June 18, 2007 - 04:15 PM

Wow... not many can say they survived that. Good luck with the repairs - at least it didn't rip your leg, guts and/or nuts open. Damn.

• ringding

Posted June 18, 2007 - 04:29 PM

yes expensive, but be glad that the branch hit the bike not you, damn, i want to see pics

• drtbk4ever

Posted June 18, 2007 - 06:02 PM

Wow... not many can say they survived that. Good luck with the repairs - at least it didn't rip your leg, guts and/or nuts open. Damn.

Yeah, it may not be fun repairing the bike, but better it than you.

I remember a guy getting impaled by a branch like that. Went right through him right below the rib cage. He survived namely because he was only an hour or so away from Emergency care. Scares the crap out of me just thinking about it.

• Heat Pumper

Posted June 18, 2007 - 06:33 PM

Id like to see a pic of that .

Ya definetly need pics of that!

• RJB

Posted June 18, 2007 - 08:25 PM

Good to hear it didn't impale you in the process. Like the others said, it could have been a lot worse. Consider it a 'cheap' repair job.

• ETP

Posted June 19, 2007 - 05:06 AM

Bummer, lets see some pix. Several years ago my XR600's carb got jousted by a branch and tore it out of the rubber engine mount. Didn't hurt a thing. just loosed the clamp and re-aligned it. Got lucky.

• Island Boy

Posted June 19, 2007 - 06:33 AM

Sorry to hear about your mishap. I had a spill and busted the front wheel and forks on my 07. I recommend doing a seach under Ebay: motorcycle parts. There are a few sellers that part out new bikes so you can get new parts at a fraction of the price you would pay for them at a Dealer. It cost me $750 for new forks and a new complete front wheel. I would have been looking at $2K otherwise. Good Luck man.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR250James

Posted June 19, 2007 - 06:49 AM

Sucks man did you have the metal radiator gaurds?

• xr250ryder

Posted June 19, 2007 - 11:02 AM

Whow, are you sure it wasn't a log not a branch?? Also a picture would be greatly appreciated...

• SC_Spode

Posted June 19, 2007 - 11:41 AM

Better the bike than a free John Bobbitt procedure.

Then you'd have to pay for the addadictome surgery - and I bet that ain't cheap.

:thumbsup:

• yammyyz450

Posted June 19, 2007 - 11:48 AM

come on bro PIC's, PIC's, PIC's!!!

• wingnut16

Posted June 19, 2007 - 12:25 PM

I am starting to think that this did not happen, because if it happen to me I would have post pictures right off the bat and I would still be looking at the photos... Wondering how in the :thumbsup: I made it out alive or with all body parts intact!!!

So let's see 'm

wingnut16

• Solo

Posted June 19, 2007 - 04:38 PM

Posted Image

• frogman

Posted June 19, 2007 - 04:48 PM

impaled not impelled

impelled is what ones oil pump does

• xrmarty

Posted June 19, 2007 - 10:44 PM

Pix pix pix please

• 450high

Posted June 20, 2007 - 02:12 AM

Some pics w.ould be nice

• ez__rider

Posted June 20, 2007 - 10:35 AM

Entered left radiator, punched through my gas tank and ripped out the airbox straight out the back.

doesn't sound like any radiator guards would've helped on that one!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.