'07 wr450f exhaust

23 replies to this topic
  • kevinwr450f

Posted June 18, 2007 - 03:04 PM

I'm looking to put an aftermarket pipe on my bike and was wondering if anyone has any input.:thumbsup: I think all I need is a slip on since the header pipe is pretty big. FMF, White Bros, Yoshi???? Thanks

• KennyMc

Posted June 18, 2007 - 05:50 PM

I put the blue anodized FMF TI Powercorp slip-on on my 07. It comes with a sparky as well. I like the fit as it barley sticks out past the side plate. Bike runs great.

• mxcowboy

Posted June 18, 2007 - 08:14 PM

I put the blue anodized FMF TI Powercorp slip-on on my 07. It comes with a sparky as well. I like the fit as it barley sticks out past the side plate. Bike runs great.

I second the FMF TI Powercore.

Posted Image

• mcflzwr450f

Posted June 18, 2007 - 09:09 PM

I went white bros. I kinda wish I had went FMF due to the WB-E2 is very big (pic).
Its sounds great I would just like a smaller pipe, anyone want to by a WB-E2....

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Island Boy

Posted June 19, 2007 - 07:00 AM

Dr. D is also another great choice. Doesn't stick out far, good price, sound and power.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• SJMC_DON

Posted June 19, 2007 - 07:59 AM

I second the FMF TI Powercore.

Posted Image

Have you sound checked? Curious to know what the db level is.

Thanks!

• fLUNX

Posted June 19, 2007 - 08:56 AM

its loud... (eheheheh) :thumbsup:
I have one myself too.

• KennyMc

Posted June 19, 2007 - 11:50 AM

Their website says "no more than a 100db". They also sell a quiet insert that lowers the sound by ~ 3db.

• SJMC_DON

Posted June 19, 2007 - 02:12 PM

Their website says "no more than a 100db". They also sell a quiet insert that lowers the sound by ~ 3db.

Too loud :thumbsup:

• SXP

Posted June 19, 2007 - 02:27 PM

Too loud :thumbsup:

Second that. My neighbor runs that pipe - Nasty loud:thumbsdn:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sjwr450

Posted June 19, 2007 - 02:35 PM

I have the Q TI. Works just great. Raced Baja with it.

• jpoehls

Posted June 19, 2007 - 07:35 PM

FMF Q4 is on mine. Love it.

• Tough Guy

Posted June 19, 2007 - 08:00 PM

I have the White Bros E2 slip-on and really like it, the matt finish makes scratches invisible and the sound is great and is 96db compliant with the spark arrestor. 102db without.

Chris

• tonymillertnt

Posted June 19, 2007 - 09:20 PM

Haven't seen the cost and whether the performance gain is worth it....
TM
[07 WR450]

• yamahead01

Posted June 20, 2007 - 08:46 AM

I am running White bros xcr it is a little on the long side but u get used to it price was right 299.00 looks and sounds good 96db with s/a

• SurvivorMan

Posted June 21, 2007 - 07:23 AM

I have the Leo Vince X3, it is a huge cannon off the back....do not like that part of it, but it does work well and is not too loud. i tryed out my friends Ti Powercore and it was quite loud. has anyone sound checked with that pipe yet? The powercore has more mid, which is why i ride a thumper....but i do not want the annoying loud bike that is ruining our reputation.

• SJMC_DON

Posted June 21, 2007 - 08:23 AM

Fact - Any performance, quiet exhaust is going to be long... about the only advantage you can expect to achieve is through light weight matls $$$$.

Personally if it's only looks that bother us... big deal, if you sound check at 96 db and sneek up on and pass your competition he will think to himself as you blow his doors off, "geez that pipe is long and ugly" :thumbsup:

I am running stock can on my 07' with the $45 GYTR end cap and it is very quiet but pulls hard, after four races this season I am way out front in first place points in my class (A class - GP's, Hare Scrambles)...

• SurvivorMan

Posted June 21, 2007 - 08:51 AM

you're right. but i want the best out of both worlds. i think i will install a stock 06 yz 450 can. keeping our sound down is a big thing, but if i am climbing a hill at 96 dbs or 99 dbs, i am still a loud bastard either way.

• SJMC_DON

Posted June 21, 2007 - 08:58 AM

you're right. but i want the best out of both worlds. i think i will install a stock 06 yz 450 can. keeping our sound down is a big thing, but if i am climbing a hill at 96 dbs or 99 dbs, i am still a loud bastard either way.

The YZ can is a good option :thumbsup:

• SXP

Posted June 22, 2007 - 01:29 PM

The 07 YZ can is quiter than the 06. It's what I run on my 07 WR down in Baja with a PMB end cap and SA. Here, in Ca, I run the stock WR can with the PMB insert (looks exactly like the GYTR).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.