Muffler shootout

No replies to this topic
  • boxsterboy

Posted February 17, 2002 - 04:46 AM

I just got a Raptor for my wife. (ok-me too).. The new limited, which I get in March, so in the intrum, I've been reading about upgrades. IN Dirt World there is a great Muffler shootout for the Raptor. There were 12 mufflers and it included dyno's, noise level, weight, price, etc. I was a great artical if your looking to get more HP. The winner added 13HP to the 660 engine. WOW. 35.? stock to 48.? with the CT Muffler kit which include a new needle and K & N filter setup. all for about 600.00. What inpressed me the most was the smooth Dyno results. Great increase all the way around.

Has anyone seen a similar artical for the WR426. I want to get more power for my WR, but no one seems to give difinitive HP increases with dyno and noise info.

Whats the best muffler out there.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.