New Handle Bar Search

3 replies to this topic
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted June 18, 2007 - 12:12 PM

im looking for some advice on handle bars. i currently run protaper contour ricky carmichael bends. like the everything about them but the fact that i have bent two pairs now. one was a hard crash and this last time was a washout in some sand and bang bent bars.

i have been looking in to renthal fatbars. they are about 20 bucks more. are they worth it. is this bar a better one. i know the renthal carmichael is about .8 inches taller then the protaper.

what are your guys opinions? thanks
Aaron

• SJMC_DON

Posted June 18, 2007 - 02:13 PM

im looking for some advice on handle bars. i currently run protaper contour ricky carmichael bends. like the everything about them but the fact that i have bent two pairs now. one was a hard crash and this last time was a washout in some sand and bang bent bars.

i have been looking in to renthal fatbars. they are about 20 bucks more. are they worth it. is this bar a better one. i know the renthal carmichael is about .8 inches taller then the protaper.

what are your guys opinions? thanks
Aaron

I just found out that Easton (baseball bat mfg that was making ProTaper Bars) lost the patent on the design or mat'l so Pro Taper is now a chickety chang knock off made by the lowest bidder :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ISBB

Posted June 18, 2007 - 02:21 PM

Have you looked at the Pro Taper EVO bars. They are the replacements for the Easton bars?

• MSHAM

Posted June 18, 2007 - 02:28 PM

I run these handle bars. I like them so far. The biggest problem I had was attaching my handguards(MSR). I ended up having to go with the Fastway setup w/bar mount attachement. I dropped the bike down a pretty rocky section not to long ago and they were fine. Bent the handguard slightly that was it. The Bike fell to the down side pretty far:eek: Hit pretty hard:eek: and I thought for sure they were toast:cry: Not the case:thumbsup: My mistake, I have the twin walls-but I'll keep my post up!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.