Has this ever happened to any of you?

5 replies to this topic
  • smicer

Posted June 17, 2007 - 09:06 PM

well..the very day i bought the bike which is 1 mth ago,i noticed i hairline crack on the frame bracket connecting to the subframe..few days riding on the roads,it broke...i did welded back the parts...but it broke again after last sat i did a little mudfest with some local riders...

Posted Image
this was shot the very day i collected the bike...
Posted Imagethis was this morning..
Posted Image
Posted Image
in the process of getting it welded back on..
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
last photo is after it is being done...doesnt look pretty..but better than nothing...:thumbsup:

• smicer

Posted June 17, 2007 - 09:11 PM

here's some of photos during the mudfest since its been raining the whole day..
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• Rman of 237

Posted June 18, 2007 - 08:36 AM

Wow, that is a mudfest!!! I'm surprised you could kickstand your bikes.
Bummer on the crack:foul: , hope it holds.
Rman....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • smicer

Posted June 19, 2007 - 01:42 AM

bike has'nt got any problem with starting either...

few hours ago,my rear shock is peeing oil...:cheers:

shiit....my conclusion for the cause is maybe the sat mudfest,after the framebracket broke,all the load has been transfered to the rear shock...so today,must be my lucky day...:busted: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Kritter

Posted June 19, 2007 - 09:39 AM

you probably got mud/grit past the wiper seal and it is holding open the rod seal or worse it damaged the rod seal...if it were me I would rebuild it but if you dont want to, try pulling up the bump cap and getting any grit/grime out of the seal head...its worth a try.

• smicer

Posted June 19, 2007 - 06:44 PM

thanks dude...i thk i'm gonna rebuilt it...all the oil is out...now no compression of the rear shock...:thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.