I keep ripping the valve stem off my front tube. Any suggestions?

23 replies to this topic
  • ez__rider

Posted June 20, 2007 - 10:33 AM

I am coming down about a 60-75 degree incline

ummm.... what!!!??? let's see some pics, cause that would be SICK!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

• SurvivorMan

Posted June 22, 2007 - 08:32 AM

I didn't read all the posts, but baby powder the heck out of the tube before you install into the tire. this stops the tube from gripping to the tire. also, install the tube slightly ahead of the rim so that when your tire does that little bit of a slip the valve is then right straight. i hate torn valve stems, must have done 10 of them, now i use alot of baby powder and hardly ever tear them. the baby powder also helps prevent tire iron pinchs. good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Terrain Rider 4z

Posted June 22, 2007 - 10:58 AM

ummm.... what!!!??? let's see some pics, cause that would be SICK!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

My thoughts exactly, you wouldn't be able to lock up the rear wheel as you would be too busy endoing and cartwheeling! Are you Guy Perrett or something? :thumbsup: :busted:

• jbrooks26

Posted June 22, 2007 - 11:29 AM

My thoughts exactly, you wouldn't be able to lock up the rear wheel as you would be too busy endoing and cartwheeling! Are you Guy Perrett or something? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No, I guess the protractor in my head doesn't exactly match up with a real world angle. After reconsideration and looking at an angle finder the hills I am coming down are closer to 50-60 degrees. I am usually only coming down them because when I get to the top there is nowhere else to go. Going up it is steep enough that my thighs are riding against the bars, coming back down I am sitting back near the center of my rear fender to keep the whole Endoing and cartwheeling to a minimum. It does happen from time to time though. I will try to dig up some pictures, even though they never do any hill justice. Sorry for the inflated estimation before, but I am glad you all got a good laugh out of it. Have a good one, and keep it dirty side down.

Josh

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.