01 XR650R chain & sprocket ????

2 replies to this topic
  • PIP RC51

Posted June 17, 2007 - 08:17 AM

I just finished (actually 75%) of my XR conversion.. The XR stock chain is 110 link and had a 13/48 when I got it. I put a 14/44 combo on it and someone said the 110 chain would work. It is a new chain and haven't even run it enough to stretch it and it already seems to long.

I am new to this Sumo stuff. I am used to my RC51 chain being snug all the time with little play without a problem.

I understand the swingarm / suspension travel plays a part. The rear axle is already clear back to the back of the swingarm and it is only slightly slightly snug with me on it.

Is this normal or is the chain too long for a 14/44?

Thanks........ PIP

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ttmojo1

Posted June 17, 2007 - 01:57 PM

On dirtbikes ya always gotta cut the chain to length when new.

Tony

• Denn10

Posted June 18, 2007 - 06:11 AM

Yep theres nothing wrong with it they make em longer to suit alot of different applications of gearing. grind off a link or two whatever you need to make it the correct length and where you want the back wheel in the swingarm.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.