Newer Rear brake master cyl on WR400

3 replies to this topic
  • gearb0x

Posted June 17, 2007 - 01:38 AM

G'day g'day

The other day i noticed my rear brake reservoir was starting to deform from the exhaust. Today i was working on my cousins 06 wr250 and i soon realised how much better the newer setup is. So i thought about getting one from a newer model, did a quick search and it seems other people have here too.

I was just wondering if anyone else can tell me specifics on what model bits they used for the upgrade etc.

Regards,
Phill

• TeamScream

Posted June 18, 2007 - 06:30 PM

A 2003 YZ or WR master will work fine, on the earlier models if you dont have a brake light switch, if you have a brake light switch, you may have to open up the top hole on the frame a slight bit. http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=520704

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted June 18, 2007 - 07:31 PM

A 2003 YZ or WR master will work fine, on the earlier models if you dont have a brake light switch, if you have a brake light switch, you may have to open up the top hole on the frame a slight bit. http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=520704

Not sure of the geometry differences between the 03 and 07, or even if an 07 master cylinder will fit, but here's a pic of my 07 master cylinder with a brake light switch. No clearance issues or mods needed.

Posted Image

• gearb0x

Posted June 19, 2007 - 04:45 PM

thanks for the pics guys, the 07 unit looks exactly the same just has slightly different angle of mounting and the sub frame mount is higher in relation to it.

Looks to be an easy job, my bike doesn't have the rear brake switch but i wouldn't mind wiring one in.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.