yz 426 vs wr differences

5 replies to this topic
  • wheels7

Posted June 16, 2007 - 08:29 PM

i am looking at a yz? maybe wr? the owner is not sure what it is what is a main diff to look for i saw many diff odd things such as no headlight but 18 rear wheel is there a for sure thing to look for on the outside im tinking the bike possibly had a 18 inch wheel put on it. Is there anything else to help me tell. the bike is a 2002 426

• wheels7

Posted June 16, 2007 - 08:32 PM

oh and the bike has an acerbis tank on it so not able to tell there the owner said the pinkslip didnt say yzf or wr just lr
or something?

• Qwik Gixxer

Posted June 16, 2007 - 09:00 PM

I can tell you the cam timing is one tooth different on the WR and it has a higher output alternator but physically other than lights I believe they are the same. Run the Vin on Carfax. it will tell you the model and year for free

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr250ryder

Posted June 17, 2007 - 06:02 PM

Try looking for a kickstand. I think that about the only physical thing that you would notice... the only other way would be to get pinned on a straight it should go faster than about 78 mph.

• wheels7

Posted June 17, 2007 - 06:06 PM

well it had a kickstand darn i thought i found a yzf project looked to be alot of work though ok well ill continue looking but will probably end up with a 250 2t.

• xr250ryder

Posted June 17, 2007 - 09:59 PM

Thats lucky, you almost bought yourself a wr426 :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.