Installed my new spokes on my WR 400 and...

it is still not perfect. I spent a couple of hours on the rim trying to true it back up. I just got the bike a couple of weeks ago and the spokes were in horrible shape, the wheel was extremely out of shape/round whatever. Honest to God only about 3 of them were tight. It was missing about 6 spokes, a couple were dangling when I got it. I have research truing methods on here and I think this is about the best this wheel is gonna get based on what I brought it from. I can't afford a new wheel, so will it be okay to ride if it is not 100% true/round? I know I will have some wobble on smooth roads, but I will be on the trails where I won't notice it much. Anyone else ride their WR's with spokes like mine?

If you got it close you will be OK. Alot of people buy a bike and never touch anything and they seem to get away with it. As long as you haven't overtightened the spokes I think you will be good to go. I just got a spoke torque wrench from www.pitposse.com and my spokes were all very close to Yamaha specs. WR Dave