extra hp from open air box.

1 reply to this topic
  • Fordskin

Posted June 16, 2007 - 02:18 AM

A have an 05 650r all uncorked with hrc tip etc. Thought i might open up the air box and see what happens. Haven't ever checked the jetting thinking that it would have had the 68s in it. [In Australia you can buy the bike road ready,lights etc from the dealer and it also comes with the uncorking parts] I got them to uncork it before i picked it up. When i checked the jets it only had a 65 pilot and a 175 main. No wonder it always overheated in the tight stuff. So i changed to the 68s and a 185. Same time i hole sawed out 4 x inch holes on top of the side cover. I thought round holes were the go because you can put [fence post on wall type] inch plastic plugs in them if you have to plug them. Man the bike has definatley gained more grunt. 3rd gear power wheelies have become a lot easier and i love the throaty sound out of the air box. What a bike!:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drop

Posted June 16, 2007 - 11:04 AM

Can you post a pic of these plugs? I like the idea of more airflow but I like to wash my bike often too.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.