Wr400 vs Wr450

2 replies to this topic
  • ash105

Posted June 15, 2007 - 10:50 PM

I am thinking about updating my '99 wr400 to a '03/04 Wr450, mainly for the elec start. Is there any big difference in front end handling between the 2 models or are they the same as the 400 and tend to wash out in corners etc.
Is there much difference in handling between the 400 & 450 when having to push them through tight forestry trials as I've read in other forums about the 400 being top heavy where as the 450 carries the weight lower.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • amaaaron

Posted June 16, 2007 - 12:23 PM

my dad had a 99 wr400 i was on a yz250 at the time but he would let me ride ocasionaly (we ride in the woods) and i loved it. but i had to out do him so i got an 05 wr450 and it deffinatly feels faster but it also feels more top heavy thats just my opinion

• xrmarty

Posted June 16, 2007 - 05:03 PM

the 400 is a great bike that has only one fault: no e-start. If you don't care about the e-start than just stay with the 400, if you do (like I do) upgrading to a 450 is the way to go. I rode a yz400 once ( I know not excactly the same), and I thought it was an all-around decent bike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.