Cam chain replace?

2 replies to this topic
  • tnl

Posted June 15, 2007 - 08:03 PM

Anyone have some instructions for me on how to replace the cam chain in my 05 450? I reviewed the owners manual but can't seem to find an exact procedure for the removal/installlation process. The only thing that I have done so far to this bike engine wise was a valve check last year. How is the cam chain removed? Do I need to remove the left side case to get to the cam's to remove the chain or is it a master link process? Also, I just got my Dr. D 6oz flywheel weight today with a flywheel puller and a new case gasket. Should these two parts (cam chain and flywheel weight) be done at the same time since I'm gonna have the left side case removed because i don't want to have to get another gasket if they are done seperately. Thanks for the help!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 15, 2007 - 10:38 PM

• tnl

Posted June 16, 2007 - 06:50 AM

Thank you! I did a search but didn't find that one?? I'm a little nervous about getting the timing correct but I'm gonna give it a shot.

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.