XR650LDave's carb Mods jet part #'s??

3 replies to this topic
  • Terez

Posted June 15, 2007 - 06:16 PM

I am going to do Dave's carb mods and the dealer is giving me the "blank stare" with anything other than stock carb jetting for part #'s or applications!!Grrrrr.

Does anyone have the Honda part # for the 158 main jet and the 55s pilot?

I am in Canada and if anyone knows where I can get the jets aftermarket here other than Honda that would be good too.

Is the main jet a big head or small head?

I believe I need the 55s or short pilot jet?
How do I tell the s pilot from the others?

• Rockjockey

Posted June 15, 2007 - 06:41 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bibleman

Posted June 16, 2007 - 06:33 AM

I found conflicting part numbers and advice. Call the TT store and they'll get you the right ones. Just specify what sizes you want. That's what I did and I had no problem:ride:

• Terez

Posted June 20, 2007 - 06:08 PM

OK Gettin stupid now!

The main jet was easy to identify but the pilot jet seems bizarre.

There are several styles/sizes of Keihn pilot jets available in 55.

There is a short one, a long one and there is also the same jets with either 0.6mm nozzle holes and 0.8mm nozzle holes.
There also appears to be at least 2 different head sizes.

I have seen 424-24, 424-25, 424-26 series as well as 424-B series all listed as Keihn pilot jets available in size 55.

The Honda dealer continues to display a nonapproving blank stare!LOL

I need to identify the Keihn # as I'm in Canada and ordering parts from the US is a pain and expensive after the border spanking.

Which 424 series pilot is the right one???

Related Content

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.