What is da poop on da YZF150 ????

12 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted June 15, 2007 - 01:16 PM

Where is this darned bike? Saw it was made years agoas Rev 1.0. There has been enough time for R&D.....bring it on YAMI !!!!!!

Where is the mini beast? :thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted June 15, 2007 - 01:58 PM

Only one Ive ever seen was a Photoshop job. Not a very good one, either.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 15, 2007 - 02:37 PM

Only one Ive ever seen was a Photoshop job. Not a very good one, either.

Where did you see this one at GreyRacer?

Seems that MXA or DirtBike had a spy pic a few years ago ...."like they both are so credible"..and I read a article from Yamaha's own 400/426/250 motor designer (Yamaguchi something) that made mention of the R & D on this little thumper...I thought that Japan might get it first....

am I dreaming or what? Anyone.....:thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted June 15, 2007 - 02:42 PM

As I recall, it was posted here on TT someplace about a year(?) ago. The picture was, IIRC, taken from one of those publications, but whether it was or wasn't, one or more of the mags did run a "spy photo", and the one posted here was, um, highly suspect.

• Stripes123

Posted June 15, 2007 - 10:17 PM

Sounds like the AMA is putting together some new Amateur classes so I have to think the YZ150F will be here soon. The only buzz kill will likely be the sticker tag but we will see.

• Twig323

Posted June 15, 2007 - 10:32 PM

I saw one in a trasworldmx mag with pic and caption before i heard about the honda coming out with one. It said they had they in japan but had not released them in the US till later..........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AlkalineOne

Posted June 16, 2007 - 06:46 PM

i spoke with a local dealer, and they told me it would be a late release(september/october) and it would have an aluminum frame!!!!! however, they said it will be retailed at 4599.99... ouch

he was the GM, so i dont know if he's full of #$!@ or what...

• teamjester223

Posted June 16, 2007 - 06:58 PM

It won't be in dealers until 2010. I heard that from a very reputable dealer in the southeast that has very close ties with Yamaha.

• DPW

Posted June 17, 2007 - 07:22 AM

i spoke with a local dealer, and they told me it would be a late release(september/october) and it would have an aluminum frame!!!!! however, they said it will be retailed at 4599.99... ouch

he was the GM, so i dont know if he's full of #$!@ or what...

I hope you are right...with the exception of the price. The wife's lowered '03 YZ250F needs a replacement and I think the 150F would be the ticket.

• KJ790

Posted June 17, 2007 - 05:19 PM

The only one I've seen was in MXA a couple years ago and in small letters under the picture it said "artist's rendition". That pic has been floating around the internet ever since.

• grayracer513

Posted June 17, 2007 - 05:59 PM

The only one I've seen was in MXA a couple years ago and in small letters under the picture it said "artist's rendition". That pic has been floating around the internet ever since.

That's the Photoshop job.

• yz_for_me

Posted June 17, 2007 - 08:24 PM

I've never seen any credible evidence that Yamaha ever made one. There was the one Photoshop picture (a very bad one at that) that floated around for a while, but that's been about it. Everything I've ever heard is from someone who knows a guy who's cousin's brother works for Yamaha kind of thing. Not exactly credible sources. I'm not saying one doesn't exist now, but I don't think Yamaha has had one and been sitting on it for a long time.

• Budlite

Posted October 10, 2014 - 03:28 PM

Here it is 7 years later and a YZ150F still hasn't been released but it is being developed. My son went to a MX practice in Hawaii after a personal invite from John Desoto. One of the Japanese teams was testing. There was a 13 year old kid flying around the track on none other than a prototype YZ150F. The engine design is the same concept as the new 450 and 250F's. No videos or pictures  allowed to be taken but my son assured me that the kid was extremely fast on the 150 as well as a YZ250 2 stroke. The question remains " Will they release the bike for production ?" or rather "Why go to this much effort not to release it"........

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.