Best clutch cable?

3 replies to this topic
  • jj

Posted January 23, 2001 - 08:29 AM

Recently noticed my clutch cable is just about at the end of its life span.
Any suggestions on the best replacement?

------------------
JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, stock jetting, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Terry Cable Hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Russel speed bleeders, Factory Effect graphics, YZ rear fender

• yzf

Posted January 23, 2001 - 02:07 PM

motion pro makes a very nice cable it is wound different than the stock cable to give better feel it is also made of stainless steel i've run them for years with no trouble

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boit

Posted January 23, 2001 - 03:08 PM

The T2's seem to be a top quality replacement for OEM. When I was told that I would have to wait for an unknown length of time for OEM replacements, I started looking around for alternatives, and hopefully, better cables. The Motion Pros OEM cables weren't yet available so I went with the Motion Pro T2's. These are much less expensive than stock plus they are supposed to be superior. I got them thru Westwood Int'l and saved a little more than the White Brother's catalog price.

[This message has been edited by Boit (edited 01-23-2001).]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 23, 2001 - 05:51 PM

Terrycable also makes a very nice stainless steel braided cable.

What else can I say about it.....its a cable.

------------------
Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F
Enduro Heaven

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.