426/ 2000/2001 clutch mod

2 replies to this topic
  • danny-goddard

Posted June 14, 2007 - 01:34 PM

hi there i need to sort my clutch out it has got no play in it at all. when i go to set off it feels ok then all of a sudden it just grips and the bike either stalls or sets off with me hanging off the back:confused: i have found a new clutch kit for my bike for around £90 but i would rather do the mod if this will stop it happening again. if anyone can tell me where i can get the parts from to do the mod and how i do it it would be greatly appretiated:ride: cheers danny

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 14, 2007 - 02:47 PM

In the index of this forum, there is a thread titled, "Common Threads: Look here 1st! Mods, Maintenance, Common Issues and FAQ's". In that thread, the "01 clutch mod is the first item listed under "Transmission".

There's a reason it says "look here first". :thumbsup:

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted June 14, 2007 - 08:35 PM

Here is the link:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=461631

Just did the 2001 Clutch Mod to my 2000 (Thanks to help from 642MX - again) 2nd best mod I have done next to the 450 Cam mod. My recommendation is go with all stock 2001 YZ 426 parts and follow the directions. Very easy to do and the costs is around $140 us $'s. Before the Mod, mine was really Grabby and had a tendancy to stall in the tight stuff. No Freeplay at all - either engaged or disengaged. Not all that bad on the MX track but terrible for woods and tight stuff. After doing the Mod, I can't believe I suffered with a shitty clutch that long...

-RCD

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.