Bad Stator Help

No replies to this topic
  • ere109

Posted June 14, 2007 - 10:55 AM

I've got a Ricky Stator high output stator on my '86 XL600 (which is basically the same stator that they put on the XR600). The wires had previously been cut and the lights removed. When I bought the bike, I decided to replace the lighting and restore the bike. The black/red wire works, and has power. Unfortunately, when I called Mike at Ricky Stator for advice on the remaining power wires, he told me that my stator leads are crossed, and the unit needs to be replaced. Has anyone experienced a problem like this? Is there a fix, other than buying a new stator? If it comes down to it, I would be willing to TRY to rewind my own, but I just wonder if I can snip a wire or re-epoxy some loose connection.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.