1 reply to this topic
  • Bshaips

Posted June 14, 2007 - 09:47 AM

i have a 99 wr400 and i took off the valve cover to inspect the timing chain. it was all fine so i put it all back together and now it backfires when i totlay let off the gas. the only other thing i did was take the header pipe off and i was wondering if i didnt put it back right but i think thats kinda hard to do. Anyone know the problem?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pezman04wrx

Posted June 14, 2007 - 11:20 AM

If it never backfired prior to the work you did I'd bet you've got an exhaust leak ... Re-check all your header connections and make sure they're seated well and tightened up (mainly the header/mid-pipe area) ... :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.