Pants that don't melt.

10 replies to this topic
  • drop

Posted June 14, 2007 - 08:36 AM

Can anyone recommend a good over the boot pant that won't melt to my header? Something that won't break the bank.

• Billahjack

Posted June 14, 2007 - 09:07 AM

Moto-x pants that fit in your boot.

• Kawabuggy

Posted June 14, 2007 - 09:34 AM

I always tuck my pants into my boots. Less chance of the legs getting hung up on anything & no burned pants.

• martinfan30

Posted June 14, 2007 - 10:44 AM

I always tuck my pants into my boots. Less chance of the legs getting hung up on anything & no burned pants.

+1 on tucking in.

• COAL RUN

Posted June 14, 2007 - 11:57 AM

Take a look at the MSR strike pants, They are over the boot & have two seprate velcro straps to keep the lower leg part tight. one at the bottom & one about 3/4 of the way up the calf. I have had mine for almost 2 years & am still happy with them:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drop

Posted June 14, 2007 - 01:38 PM

Thanks COAL RUN, I'll check those out. I see some pants have a kevlar patch to prevent melting. Anyone know if it actually works?

Also, will this plastic eventually burn off my pipe or am I going to have to remove it?

• 07wr250F

Posted June 14, 2007 - 01:41 PM

I have the Thor Static pants. I love them, highly recommend them and would love to buy another pair. I think the cost about $75-80.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• LeadDoggy

Posted June 14, 2007 - 02:53 PM

i wear the FOX Short Cut Pants. They have a panel on inner right leg for the exhaust problem.....

http://shop.foxracin...uys&menuLevel=1

• Billahjack

Posted June 14, 2007 - 06:20 PM

You will have to remove the plastic from your pipe. It will not burn off, it just chars black.

• drop

Posted June 14, 2007 - 08:23 PM

Yikes. Any tips on getting that crap off there?

• HeadTrauma

Posted June 14, 2007 - 10:33 PM

If it's a stock black header, you'll probably have to repaint after physically removing the liquid pants......not to be confused with liquid pants remover. That's a horse of a different color.

I have some Oneal Elements offroad pants that I tuck into my boots. Maybe it's because I have long legs, but I have only brushed the exhaust once. No heat shield either.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.