Something Snapped

6 replies to this topic
  • newthumper05

Posted June 14, 2007 - 08:29 AM

I stopped on a hill and when i decided to start again (10 min. later) I pulled in the clutch the bike rolled forward a little and something made a loud snap noise, almost like a click but with more meat. After that i rode away and i have a strange sound out of the chain side. I have all gears and clutch is fine. The sound is hard to describe.because the bike is loud but it almost sounds like a chain is dragging. I had to ride about 2 miles back to the truck nothing else broke or locked up thankfully! Any Ideas on what may have snapped?:thumbsup:

• Murray Dorward

Posted June 14, 2007 - 10:19 AM

Check your sprocket bolts maybe one came loose and snapped against the swingarm.

:thumbsup: :busted: :thumbsup:

Posted June 14, 2007 - 11:40 AM

Rear axle broke :thumbsup: or maybe rear wheel bearing grenaded:confused:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • newthumper05

Posted June 14, 2007 - 11:49 AM

No ,the noise is coming from the case down by my left foot

• rtrolli69

Posted June 14, 2007 - 04:52 PM

check the bottom chain roller,mine wrked loose& fell off

• oz explorer

Posted June 15, 2007 - 03:09 PM

There might be something jammed between your front sprocket and gard not sure what the set up is on a WR happend to me on my XR turned out to be a small rock made a noise like what your discribing

• newthumper05

Posted June 18, 2007 - 05:16 AM

Update : it turned out to be rear wheel bearings

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.